Trying so hard to be better

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm writing to say that I've had 2 good(ish) days. My first two positive days since forever.

I feel slightly less anxious, but still quite nervous and on alert. I managed to sleep two nights through and I even went for a run.

I focus on that positive feeling emerging, but I'm under no ilussion that depression is going away.

I'm actually quite suspicious about that sudden change. Worried even - you fly high you fall low is what I think.

Does it make any sense?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It makes perfect sense Jo, maybe the meds have kicked in?? Or maybe this is the beginning of your recovery 😃

I'm back at work now and enjoying the structure.

I'm really glad to see you're feeling a little bit better x

• Posted

Well with depression, even on anti depressants, we have good and bad days.  I think people will agree that is normal.  Relish the good days, and ride out the down days. 

You seem to be doing well, and you sound positive about helping yourself.  Don't be suspicious about the change, just embrace it.  Depression can take a lot away from us, but I have battled it for a very long time, and I will fight it all the way. 

Others here will tell you that you are doing well, and yes there are ups and downs.  We just have to fight.

Take care

• Posted

JellyJo just take one day at a time, soon the good days will outweigh the bad.  On the bad days give yourself a break and don't expect yourself to achieve the things you would on your good days.  When I'm having a bad day, I nolonger feel guilty about not doing the housework or things on my to-do list, instead I embrace it by laying in the sun and reading or watching a comedy marathon.  By doing this my bad 'days' are turning into just bad mornings.  
  • Posted

Hi there.  How are you doing?  You have made some friends here and we all advise the same.  Go easy on yourself.  You are doing well.
    • Posted

Hi

I'm doing ok. Being at home with people who love me really helps. Life feels almost normal. And I smile more and feel like myslef. Sort of.

Thank you for all your kind words.

Being here, sharing, trying to make people feel better. It's good x

• Posted

So pleased you have a supportive family.  Makes all the difference.  You sound really good.  I do hope you continue to feel this way.  Well done. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.