Trying to be rationale......😢

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi,

I am 48 years of age and I’ve suffered from anxiety for the last 8 of those years. I take medication which does help but over the last few months it’s rocketed!

About 4 months ago I started having spotting from the time I ovulate until my period started... this lasted 2 months then stopped.  My GP did a Pap test, did all my bloods and had an US done... all came back fine.  However I’m still beyond stressed.

I visited him last week and he did my bloods again and as I was so stressed and said he would refer my to a gyno... and if I wanted we could get a repeat US at day 3-5 of my cycle as this will be more accurate at assessing the endometrium.  Also the gyno he wants me to see isn’t available until mid January and that’s totally freaking me out too,  however he sent me a text today saying   ‘I think your bleeding is hormonal so the review with Dr Smirnova is not needed urgently from my perspective.  If you are feeling that you are freaking out it is better that you come in to discuss this with me so I can reassure you that you are safe.’

In my more rational moments I think that I’m not even spotting any more and I have had 3 US in the last 3 years and around 4 Pap test, all were fine... however at the moment my rational moments are few and far between... but surely if there was spotting something isn’t right??

I’m trying not to have another US as I’m trying to take control of my irrational thoughts but it’s so hard. 

Is anyone else feeling this way too...?

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've had the whole anxiety thing and it's no fun at all!  You fix on the slightest things and it immediately becomes so bad that you look up every possible symptom and become convinced that you must have THAT!

I found that Evening Primrose helps my anxiety no end - I take a 1000mg capsule once a day and it definitely helps a lot.  If I stop taking it I start to get anxious within a week or two, and the anxiety declines as soon as I start taking it again.  It keeps me sane!

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it's got to be worth a try.  I normally buy mine at Tesco on 3 for 2 offer.

• Posted

You said it in a nutshell Lousie, the tiniest thing and bang...i've got it!  I take citalopram for anxiety, so god alone knows what i would be like without it...it has definitely been worse the last few months, but the last thing i want is for the  doctor to increase my dosage as I do live in hope I will one day come off of it.

I keep reading about people taking magnesium...does any one know what it is for?

thanks

• Posted

I take a mild antidepressant called Trazodone. I also refuse to up my dosage in the hopes of coming off it one day. I have Valium for the really rough times like now. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Xanax was better but it doesn't stay in your system very long so you have to take more. I have tried some natural products, magnesium helps a little and tumeric.

• Posted

Oh alice1209 magnesium is supposed to help with anxiety. Tumeric is supposed to be good for aches and pains and anxiety.
    • Posted

I love that forum is worldwide and that we all are going through this together. I'm sorry this is happening to us but, I on the bright side we're alive and can talk to each other.

And yes I had to learn to stay off the internet looking up symptoms because of course my mind went to the worse and that's what I had. My sister once told me that menopause was "a very dark period" in her life. I remember her husband taking her from doctor to doctor.

• Posted

I finally manage to get very mild doze of dizapem from my Dr. He said it is addictive and he only gave me a mild doze for 14days. There are day I loose the plot and can't control anything. So it will be handy I hope. I very plessed to have it available under my hand for harder days. But i haven't used it before and not sure how it will work and what effect it will make on me. Gas anyone git experience with its kind of drug? Thank you

• Posted

Diazepam is Valium, which is what I have for the tough days. Everyone is different but for me somtimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. I was taking Xanax, but it only stays in your system about six hours so you end up taking more and getting addicted. Valium on the other hand can stay in your system as long as 2 days so you don't have to take it as often. When I'm doing ok I only take it once or twice a week, but since this rough patch I've taken one four days in a row. He should have given you 30 days with no refill. I have 10mg and I break them in half. Sometimes a half of a half works, sometime not. Everyone is different how many milligrams did he give you?

• Posted

Hi alice1209,

I did have a similar issue with spotting on 2nd half of my cycle a couple of years ago. Went to the gyno for ultrasounds, pap smear, etc. Found nothing out of the ordinary.

I understand the anxiety... It is beyond belief when you feel like your body is betraying you.

I tried over the counter progesterone cream, and it did help the spotting, but also triggered my allergies into high gear, so I stopped. After about 6 months, following a 'clean' diet, it resolved itself. By 'clean', I mean throwing out the chips and sweets and anything highly processed, canned, dried or preserved, and replacing with more fresh fruit and veg and fish.

I still do fight the anxiety though. Know you are not alone. Know that everything you've been through has made you strong enough for what's next. Know there are hugs here anytime you need them.

Take care of yourself, honey.

• Posted

Hi,

Gosh, it’s such a familiar story isn’t it... it really gets me down.

I haven’t had spotting for the last 3 months and felt rather good about things, but my periods started a few days ago and they are nothing more than spotting, I normally have a regular blood flow for a few days then a light flow for a few days.... this time however  it’s all just very, very light spotting... what does that mean... ? I do seem to lurch from one state of anxiety to another...

• Posted

Hi Alice and to the other ladies on here also.  All of the posts sound so very familiar.  You are in good company here.  I'm glad we have this forum to talk to one another.  i just got off google looking up my recent symptoms.  And I know better!!  I've been dealing with this stuff for 2 years now.  Irrational thoughts, anxiety.  I made it through thanksgiving and only had to take Ativan once.  I felt like I was sitting on the outside watching everyone else talk to each other.  I be had a sore throats and an earache going on long enough that I need to go to the doctor, but I don't want to.  She will probably think what this time?  It is miserable.  Staying busy is really the only thing that helps.  And prayer, lots of praying ((hugs))

• Posted

My doctor is truly wonderful but I’m sure he must think I’m bonkers, I well I’m never away from him...

Some days I feel totally detached and almost as though I’m not here , then i a find a mark or lump and I go in to melt down about a new illness..😢

• Posted

Oh gosh me too Alice!  Hoping we both have a better day tomorrow
    • Posted

I've also had an earache off and on. No sore throat, but hoarse off and on. Going to my doctor for my yearly physical in February. I will talk to her about it.

• Posted

Well, I’m ok’ish  besides the fact that my period this time it just random spotting... is that good, bad or indifferent... 😩

• Posted

Ohhh,  I also feel enormously bloated.... which of course my first thought was ovarian cancer.... I’m so tempted to get another ultra can as my last one wasn’t at an ideal time in my cycle and I’m convinces  they may have missed something, but I did have one a year previous and it was also fine... I’m my more rationale moments ( few and far between) I say ‘no’ I’m not getting another scan, I have to take control of the anxiety and not let it win.... it normally wins though...😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.