Trying to calm myself

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys. It's been a pretty interesting 48 hours for me. My dog (who is my world) ripped his dew claw, my other fur baby (lives with my dad)had been sick, crazy storms last night with power going off for 7 hours, (half the town still without power) me and my husband went to my mother in laws and carried my dog around because of her 5 dogs, and my husband was having awful anxiety. So it's been pretty crazy. That and a horrible headache that has been off and on for the past 12 hours. Just woke up having a mild panic attack. Did my meditation and breathing but still having kind of OCD health thoughts. they happen when I'm stressed. I took a .25 of clonezepam earlier and am on 20mg of celexa. Been officially 2 weeks yesterday. I'm writing all this trying to calm myself down. Is anyone awake? I'm still shaking a tiny bit and my skin is still tingly. Maybe I had a bad dream...but I'm not sure. I think just overwhelmed with the past 48 hours. Anyone out there who can offer me some comfort?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I hope your dogs heal and feel better. They are a big part of our hearts and lives and helpless little sweeties which why they pull so strong on our heart strings. Its very disruptive when these crazy scary storms roll thru your area especially when cause damage. So i can see the anxiety levels going awry. It should slowly calm down as things return to normal in your area. You did all you could do and pulled in some decent self calming tools and skills. This will all pass soon. Hang in there.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Lisa thank you for responding. I was eventually able to get back to sleep. Just a long emotional 48 hours. Dogs are doing better. And yes the storms were crazy!! Just amped up my anxiety. I have been reading a book that has been helping me tremendously as well as the mediation. So I just needed someone to hear me on here and comfort me. I really appreciate you!! Thanks again!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh wow!! I've never been through a hurricane. What we had was apparently some sort of microblast. Never heard of that until last night. But pretty scary. I'm used to crazy weather being in Oklahoma, but never that randomly crazy in August. Thank you again Lisa!! I'm so glad there's always someone to comfort me when I need it.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Ashley

We used too live on a riverbank, with fishing and we had a flood on the day we went on holiday, so I had to drive back 400miles to get home, 800miles.

Eventually w moved back home after 6 months then we had problems with nvironment Agency and was forced out o my family home, that evntually ended up in our little cottage. So I can understand the concerns people have with storms

All I can suggest, as long as your home is ok. Just be thankful that all is ok and your dogs claw is ok

If you need support we are around, good luck

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow Bob....I can't even imagine all of that. I am very thankful nobody was hurt in my little town. I'm normally not too scared of storms, I'm used to the crazy oklahoma weather. But it was just all overwhelming and with my anxiety at its peak. I'm doing much better with calming myself down. And thank you again Bob. You're always here for me. I appreciate you.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up