Trying to figure out what I have

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for the last month I've experienced breathlessness that doesn't get worse with excercise. It's with me most of the day but goes away when I'm eating and when I burp. In fact it feels like I have a pressure in my chest all day that feels like it would be relieved by burping, but the feeling never goes away. I can get a deep breath but I really have to try. Breathing in my belly like you're supposed to helps for a short time. I've had heart tests don't to rule that out. I'm getting an echo in a few days just to make 100% sure but the cardiologist is pretty sure my heart palps and chest discomfort are stress related but might also have to do with a stomach problem. I'm going totally insane worrying about it all day long. I also have a burning feeling in my stomach when it's empty and I get so tired for no reason every evening. Im trying my best not to be anxious about it all but it's been really hard when I'm trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I've had awful anxiety in the past so I don't think it's just that. I'm not even sure which doctor to go to next. Any ideas about what I might have would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Have you had the bloodtest for h pylori. Theres someone else in here with similiar symotoms too. The belly burning when hungry, bloating, breathing stuff could all be h pylori related and do you get shaky at the point the belly burns.?  This is a bloodtest and fixable on a good note  if thats what it is.
    • Posted

I don't believe so. My doctor never mentioned it at least. Yes I get shaky when I'm hungry even if it hasn't been very long since I last ate. Is this related to stomach ulcers or GERD?

• Posted

Can you get the h pylori bloodtest the regular gp/doctor can give that. I think your answer is in that test. I think. I had that those symptoms about ten years ago it sounds extremely similar. Gastro did an endoscopy and noted healing ulcers..i didnt know i ever had and then my doctor did the bloodtest to confirm. Just sounds incredibly similiar. They gave me antibiotics and some other pills i cant remember. Fixed it. 
    • Posted

In that case I hope that's what it is. Just so I can get relief quickly and stop worrying. I'll ask my doctor when I get back home as I'm on vacation now. Thanks for your help I've been desperate for answers lately.

• Posted

I actually had very terrible GERD. I couldn't lie down for a month and had to sleep in almost sitting position because the burning pain was so bad in my chest. I am treating GERD now, but my breathlessness is still there and I think it got even worse. I had a gastroscopy and the results showed that there was no damage in esophagus and overall not too bad.

I have frequent tingling sensations (like butterflies feeling) in my chest now and sometimes it feels like my lungs are vibrating a little bit. Could bacteria cause this ? Same things are happening in my head(tingling). I also constantly burp even after smaller meals. Sometimes I burp after just water. If I do sports my burps get pretty extreme. My breathing problems don't block me from doing sports, but I still can't get full deep breaths.

I also had MRI of my head few days ago and unfortunately it didn't look completely clean. It still might be completely alright but they saw some possible problems with one of my arteries going in my head and another thing that I do not even understand. They said that it is still nothing to worry about and that I should do MRA to see if there really is a problem because it is not clear yet after MRI. They said it is probably nothing, because all my basic neurological responses are normal.

Im 21 btw. Was doing a lot of sports. Always eat very healthy. I drink only water. I do have problems with health anxiety, because I am afraid that im going to die even though my doctors are very optimistic. Sometimes I have feeling that they don't take me seriously just because im young, fit and have anxiety... it really bothers me.

• Posted

I just gave advice to mandee from my owm life experience. It was what came into my mind when i read her thread. You can ask your doctor. Angel listed where h pylori is common from healthline and that gets confusing from the wording but housing can be any medical facility, or anyone who has it and tranfers it (however its transferred) and you happen to be in that place. The docs told me they didnt really know but i had a healing ulcer found in an endoscopy so they tested me.who knows i had had gerd for a few years prior i could have caught it from the gastroenterologist place which would make sense. I have no clue. Im sorry i cant help you, you do sound like you are in good hands though. I hope you feel better. Its just a simple bloodtest for hpylori so it cant hurt to rule it out.
    • Posted

I've seen some of your other posts on here and I'm very sorry you're going through all thisrolleyes I wish you a fast recovery and hopefully whatever is wrong can be solved quickly! I've considered acid reflux as a possibility as well. Only testing will tell I guess

• Posted

Thanks smile I really hope so too. Whole thing is soo heavy emotionally rolleyes

• Posted

H Pylori is most common if:

You live in a developing country

Share housing with others who are infected with H. pylori

Live in overcrowded housing

Have no access to hot water, which can help to keep areas clean and free from bacteria

Have you got any ulcers? Because they would point to H Pylori in some cases.

Your symptoms are fairly vague and could be caused by a lot of different things, including stress IBS/ IBD, asthma, GERD or many other things. You need to keep going to the doctor, after each thing is ruled out, they are one step closer to getting your answer. 

I understand you are really stressed. Health issues are always alarming, especially if you look online where Dr Google *always* says you might have the big C. 

If you have heart palpitations and anxiety, you may be put on a beta blocker. If they don't suggest it, you could. They help lower the heart rate, stop palpitations, and are also very good at helping with anxiety, so they may be a good option for you. It is certainly something to discuss with your doctor. 

The burning feeling in your stomach is very likely to be acid reflux/ heartburn/ GERD. It can feel very unpleasant, and can be triggered by stress. Does an antacid help at all? If so, it may be worth talking to the doctor. I am on PPI's (Proton Pump Inhibitors) that reduce the amount of acid my stomach produces. Be careful though, whilst H Pylori seems unlikely in  your case, if that is what you have it could make things worse since the bacteria loves it when the PH in your stomach is lower, which is would be with PPI's. So mention it to the doc and they can rule it out with a blood test. 

It is good that they are checking your heart hun, I know it seems alarmind but they are only ruling out the bad stuff first. smile

Do you know roughly what your pule and blood pressure are?

• Posted

Yes I'm going to go back to my doctor next week and lucky for me she is very thorough and will make sure I get all the testing I need. She specializes in cardiovascular so she wanted to make sure nothing is wrong with my heart first. I had to stop googling symptoms because it was killing me. It was a really good decision to stop because everything is cancer, heart disease, etc. and then I get worried and go into a full on panic. I'm going to assume you meant "pulse" not pule lol. My resting heart rate is about 60. When I have palpitations it can be as low as 65 or as high as 115. I'm not sure if it's palps or gas in my chest. My blood pressure has always been normal and was good the last couple times I went to the doctor (which has been many times since the symptoms started).

• Posted

One more thing to remember... extreme anxiety is bloomin' exhausting. It takes so much more energy than you think to worry about things. So that is possibly why you are so tired of an evening. xxxx

• Posted

This is true. I've been sleeping maybe 3-4 hours per night so I'm def more tired than normal. It's just a different kind of tired that hits me all at once. Thanks!

• Posted

I did write a more detailed reply, but it is being moderated for some reason. So I am sure you will see it once the moderator has had a chance to look at it. x
  • Posted

you may have a hiatus hernia causing you acid reflux but get it checked out as I may be wrong.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for replying! Would that be diagnosed after a neck ultrasound? Only because I got one of those
    • Posted

Hi mandie sorry to hear about your symptoms,well my symptoms are little bit different from you but it cause bcoz of anxiety....did you have heart burn or constant burping..i ask bcoz i havd lot of burps and feel like i have heart attack sum time like breathe stops.....don't b worried to much bcoz worries trigger the anxiety to the peak echo is not a bad thing for satisfactiin but i suggest after echo go for endoscopy which will show bur stomach even if u have ulcer or acid reflux and the doc may take biopsy from ur sromach for possible h pylori......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.