Trying to stop dreams to sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dont know why after my divorce I cant sleep. I lay there and think about my ex wife. She cheated and i cant hate her but i dont want to think anymore at night. We were together 20yrs. I just dont know what to do.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is very common. I was the same after my divorce, and even 5years later I can occasionally have recurring upset over it which disturbs my sleep and my nature.  Have you tried counselling? You probably need to talk this over with someone as its a major life event.  Take care.
  • Posted

It’s understandable why you don’t sleep. Because you still probably going over and over it and it hurts. You can’t just erase 20 years of your life with that woman. And the fact that she cheated on you doesn’t make it any easier. But if it’s over you must accept it and the sooner the better. I had worst anxiety and panic attacks appeared after not sleeping about 2 month... and trust me you don’t need it... Talking with somebody is the best way to come to the peace with yourself. Sometimes talking to a complete stranger helps too. You just need to release everything and hear somebody’s  opinion or advise. Sometimes I can’t sleep too, thankfully not that often now. If you need to talk with somebody and you can’t sleep you can call and we can talk. Not sure I can post my number here but if you need it I am happy to help and to listen you. It’s much better then lying in bed alone and going over and over again through all your thoughts and be exhausted and completely empty in the morning begging and waiting for a moment to fell asleep. I know it, been there. 

Take care! 

• Posted

Thank you so much for the kind words. I gave gotten a little comfort just typing out what's wrong with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.