Tucks

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi to all of my wonderful new friends on this most excellent foram site. Just want to share my joyous experience with you. On Saturday I was my granddaughters wedding day, I hadn't had too bad a week but obviously was a little apprehensive as to how the new knee would fare. I need not have worried at 8o clock had breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs following this I had a 15min walk round the beautiful gardens in perfect weather. I then went to my room, showered ond put on my glad rags and my beautiful red and black fascinated, then it was into the bar for my first gin and tonic of the day. The wedding was magical and I felt really good and back to my old self..on to the evening where I Laughed, drank, sang and most importantly danced. Finally went to bed around 2oclock. Throughout the the i did not have use a stick or ask for any help or assistance.   How good was that 82 and just 11weeks post op. I felt so joyous Rachael was a dream bride and I felt privaliged to have such a wonderful family. Hope I haven't bored you stiff with this blog, but after the emmence trauma of the the past 11 weeks it felt right to share this you all. The support I have had from this forum has been so very good. Onward and upward I love you all from tucks xxx

2 likes, 31 replies

Report / Delete

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tucks 

what a wonderful day you had ..I bet that was the best tonic ever.

all it takes is an event like that to make life worthwhile.

if I'm like you at 11weeks I will be more than happy...although the next event in my life isn't a wedding it's the birth of my 12th great grandchild in a few weeks time...a little girl.

sigh.... Another Xmas present tour ...lol

take care Tucks and keep smiling 

Jean 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oops I meant another Xmas present to buy

bloomin computers 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So pleased that the whole days went well Tucks! I'm not sure what posts on this forum I have replied to but on many occasions my heart has gone out to you and the struggles you have gone through. You thoroughly deserved the magical day you had! Well done you!!!

kind regards,

Gill XX

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

FABULOUS!  You've brightened a very gloomy Monday morning.

Lynn 19 weeks post op

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello my lovely. How wonderful!! I am so pleased for you. Your lovely happy news has brightened my day.  I know you have suffered dreadfully through this knee replacement, but it sounds like you are coming through the other side now.  Well done you. You totally deserve it.  Love to you Tucks xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Tucks, so good to hear about your magical day. It sounds absolutely marvellous and I'm so pleased you were able to enjoy it so much - even dancing!! You're an inspiration to us all. I've got my son's wedding to look forward to but not till December 2015! I sure hope I'll be dancing too by then 😊👠👠 🎶 Hope you continue to progress. Keep in touch. Jen xx 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jen it's hard to believe how I turned the corner when I needed to most. I danced the waltz with my grandson the music he had chosen was ( the way you look tonight) I felt so loved and blessed  take care and keep well tucks xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up