Tucks

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi to all of my wonderful new friends on this most excellent foram site. Just want to share my joyous experience with you. On Saturday I was my granddaughters wedding day, I hadn't had too bad a week but obviously was a little apprehensive as to how the new knee would fare. I need not have worried at 8o clock had breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs following this I had a 15min walk round the beautiful gardens in perfect weather. I then went to my room, showered ond put on my glad rags and my beautiful red and black fascinated, then it was into the bar for my first gin and tonic of the day. The wedding was magical and I felt really good and back to my old self..on to the evening where I Laughed, drank, sang and most importantly danced. Finally went to bed around 2oclock. Throughout the the i did not have use a stick or ask for any help or assistance.   How good was that 82 and just 11weeks post op. I felt so joyous Rachael was a dream bride and I felt privaliged to have such a wonderful family. Hope I haven't bored you stiff with this blog, but after the emmence trauma of the the past 11 weeks it felt right to share this you all. The support I have had from this forum has been so very good. Onward and upward I love you all from tucks xxx

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Tucks, 

it was lovely to read your positive post! So glad you was able to enjoy your day!!

Hope you have many more !!

Pauline.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and kindness xx
  • Posted

Oh Tucks what a lovely post. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy your day to the full, no one deserves it more, I know you've had some dark and difficult times and it's just fab that they seem to be behind you. All the very best, you are indeed an inspiration 

Deb x x x

• Posted

Cheers deb glad ive been able to bring out a few smiles this morning , speaking to you has been So encouraging always. Take care of yourself my freind xx
  • Posted

Stories like this are never a bore. One could feel the happiness in the words that were so uplifting to those still having problems........and to think, just a couple of weeks ago everything looked so gloomy for you. Keep up the positives. Gin and tonic is a great cure all although I had to take a vow to switch to vodka as the gin caused me to think every woman beautiful and every beautiful woman was mad for me. A couple occasions of hearing about my actions and the hell I got over it made the change easy to make
    • Posted

Thank you so much, your blogs have always been insarational and very humorous .i bet you are a great laugh to be around . I know your dear wife  has medical problems but you seem to be able to smile in the face of adversity. Keep well my freind xx
  • Posted

Hi Tucks,

Like everyone else ( I'm 8 hours behind you so I just read your wonderful post!) I am so very happy for you. What an absolutely fabulous day and night you had! Tucks, I honestly don't think I could have held up for all those hours, dancing into the night! You truly are an inspiration!!! Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter, you and your lovely family!!!

Betty 15 weeks tomorrow (but feels like half that!) 

• Posted

Hi Betty thanks for your lovely post. I had apprehensions believe me but the wedding has been my goal. Being with so many of the people I love. Most invigorated me. I think maybe the G and Ts and the odd glass of Champers helped.i danced to upbeat and slow, a one point I was near to doing the twist I was however sober enought to know it was not a good idea. I hope you get back to winning ways soon can't be much longer can it? Wish you well my freind tucks x
    • Posted

Hi Betty thanks for your lovely post. I had apprehensions believe me but the wedding has been my goal. Being with so many of the people I love. Most invigorated me. I think maybe the G and Ts and the odd glass of Champers helped.i danced to upbeat and slow, a one point I was near to doing the twist I was however sober enought to know it was not a good idea. I hope you get back to winning ways soon can't be much longer can it? Wish you well my freind tucks x
  • Posted

wow Tucks, I am so happy for you as well. I pray that this will do the same for my hubby. way to go
    • Posted

I hope so too Dianna, its a hard time for him but with your help he will get there. The road is long with many bends but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Love and best wishes to you both xx
  • Posted

Dear tucks you must be so very proud of your granddaughter and very proude of yourself Benin able to get in there and dance the night away. You have just given me light at the end of the tunnel for my mother. I hope all keeps going well for you good luck with every thing in the future 
    • Posted

Aaw thank you  so much best wishes to your mum x
  • Posted

Hi Tucks, once again you have made me stop and think about life. You are such a positive role model to us all on this forum. What a wonderful weekend you had with your precious family and I'm sure you made your granddaughter's day even more special. I would've loved to see you shaking your booty on the dance floor!  Young people always think they are the only ones who can enjoy themselves but you are proof that age is just a number and anything they can do you can do as well. You sound as if your knee did not stop you at all so I hope that will be me at christmas! I have only 'known' you a short time but I get the impression that things have been quite tough for you since the op but your determination to go to the wedding has got you through. I've said it before but I'll say it again, you are my new inspiration and every time I feel down or in pain I will think of you (with a glass of champers doing the twist!) and I will soon be back to normal. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I wish you continued health and improvement you special 'internet' friend...🍸🍸👠🎵

• Posted

Oh Shanders suck,lovely, warm comforting words. I will never forget you your posts have always been so good. I will admit I have cursed my life and my knee over the last 3months, but for me on Saturday I felt and was surrounded by love, topped up with champers. I hope you are beginning to feel better, it's a hard, hard road isn't it?  There is life after the op!! Keep well my friend I feel as if I have known you for ever. Love from tucks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.