Tummy Woes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies!

I hope all are doing well.

I had a question: Do any of you ever get this weird feeling in your stomach like muscle twitches or like something is moving around in your stomach? If I wasn't seeing my periods every month I'd almost swear I was pregnant! My doctor said it was normal for my stomach to act like this especially around the time of the month. She said it's air movement in the bowels. Do any of you get this?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

That sounds more to me like IBS. It is air bowel causing that. Maybe you must ask him for something for IBS.

Strongs. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I don't think it's IBS because isn't that accompanied by diarrhea or constipation? I don't have either of these just the nervous rumbling tumbling feeling in my stomach.

• Posted

I think it may just be how our hormones interact with our digestive and intestinal systems. I have heard of some women developing IBS as a result of peri menopause symptoms. It is so hard to know what our hormones may be triggering and what we may just be getting as a result of getting older.
  • Posted

I get it sometimes so strongly that it feels like I'm pregnant again! Not very often though.

• Posted

Yes, I do get it very occasionally. It is not like is. It certainly is like something moving inside. Very very odd in deed. But yes, you are not alone. Take care
  • Posted

Hello sharcerv,

yes thats me also, since march 2016 constant feelings of fluttering. This has been checked out by ct scan, mri, all aok. No Dr can explain it!

i have other symptoms that are bizarre. Its not uncommon for ladies to report this fluttering during peri/meno, ive been extremely anxious over it the last year.

I try and tell myself if it was serious id know by now, hormones have a huge role in  keeping our bodies in top working order. When the balance goes, we get so many odd sensations. 

Eating healthy, walking, rest when you can, keeping your mind busy all helps. But its so hard, i find knowing im not the only lady going through this somewhat helpful. Come online and read the posts, anytime you need to talk we are all here for each other.

🌺🌹

caroline

• Posted

Thank you Carol! I'm familiar with the forum I just haven't been on here in a while. But thanks for your support.

• Posted

Oh wow I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Must be part of the change, I do have IBS as well so not sure if it's that?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.