Turmeric for inflamation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All, I am about a week out of my 2nd pretty bad D attack in 7 years.  I am feeling better. I SWEAR having broth with collagen/gelatin and some turmeric once or twice a day has proven very beneficial and healing.  Lots of rest and heating pad too! Still have freaky diarrhea, but the pain is very minimal and the inflammation is visibly WAY down.  This attack was much worse than the first time, but I feel I am healing faster.  Could be coincidence but I am hoping maybe this helps someone. This is a pretty awful condition!  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dolly,

What is collagen/gelatin ?  You are fortunate that your attacks was 7 years apart I've had two infections within 10 months!   :-( What do you eat that keeps attacks away for so long would you mind sharing? Thanks

• Posted

Hi Crosado,  Collagen/gelatin peptides, it's a powder that dissolves completely in liquid. You can put it in smoothies too. It has little to no taste.  Some people even stir it in their morning coffee. You can order it from Amazon or maybe find it in a healthfood store.  It has a lot of stuff in it that is good for all parts of your body.  The turmeric is pretty amazing too. 

As far as what I typically eat: I have a pretty sensitive stomach so I now avoid wheat (causes inflammation for me, joint pain and rashes), and I eat very little dairy. The wheat was way easier than dairy to give up, there are many substitutes for wheat. Bummer because I love cheese and yogurt! I eat a pretty high fiber diet usually, egg and spinach/veg for breakfast, salad and fruit for lunch, lean meat and veggies for dinner.  I exercise a lot.  I drink a lot of water and hot tea with honey.  I usually take a good probiotic.  I cook with real butter, olive, coconut, and avocado oil. I try hard to not eat a lot of sugar. So hard cause I have such a bad sweet tooth. This last bout of D was brought on by stress, for sure.  For a couple months I had not been eating well, not drinking water, and not exercising regularly.  I was super constipated all the time! Who knows how things will go from here on out.  I will do everything I can to avoid that pain. It's equivalent to childbirth. Missing work, events, etc... And the hospital is no fun.  

I am so sorry that you had 2 infections so close together. It's so miserable! I hope you are able to take it easy and give your gut plenty of time to rest and heal.  Good luck and keep us posted! This site has given me great comfort.

• Posted

Dolly,

Thanks so much for sharing , how come no dairy or yogurt I eat lots of it? 

• Posted

I love dairy! But for some reason after I had my kids if I ate more than a little (2x week) I would get hormonal acne. Its weird, it took me years to figure out what triggered it. My oldest daughter (22) has the same food issues and she is celiac. You are lucky to be able to eat dairy.
    • Posted

Wow Dolly I get horrible hormonal acne I thought I have lots of issues but never thought it could be dairy!  I have a 22 year old daughter to and even older children.  Is walnut butter and creamy  peanut butter okay to eat. What the name of probiotics you take because they give me nauseant and ruins the ones I took before. 
    • Posted

I have been taking American Health liquid that I could get at Wholefoods but they don't have it at my local store now! So now I am on a new search i guess.  I eat peanut butter, not now with this flair, but often before. I have never tried walnut butter, that sounds yummy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.