Turn brain around

Posted , 3 users are following.

Advice needed pse I only work Monday to Tuesday and have Friday Saturday and Sunday off.  Today Friday woke up early with anxiety, took dog for walk to get rid f it. Have an overpowreing need to speak to people...anyone.  Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with my problem that whenever I am at home alone I feel so lonely and anxiety is high.  It starts every Friday and lasts the weekend, I never had this before.  I have friends but they  work and cannot speak to them  Just  want to know if anyone has a sololution to make my mind accept Friday as a good sign and not a bad sign that the weekend is upon me  I know most people cannot wait for forthe weekend.  Does this make any sense, how can I turn my brain aroound 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce

I work Monday to Wednesday and Fridays and I used to feel exactly the same on a Thursday, always highly anxious for most of the day. I hated the thought that I was wasting my day off feeling so awful. I started making myself go out and do things and gradually I stopped feeling like it until one day I realised I had felt fine all day. I still have general anxiety which has been with me for about 4 years but I'm happy that my one day off isn't an issue for me. You need to have faith that you will get passed this, keep as busy as you can and gradually you will start feeling better

• Posted

It is difficult,I also dread weekend's and being alone I go to the coffee shop when I'm off work or if I have to spend long periods of time in the house as this makes my anxiety sky high, it is nice just to people watch. I used to be a bit self conscious when I first started going, but now it's like I've trained my brain to associate the coffee shop with relaxation just the smell seams to help relax me,also I only drink decaf as caffeine to stimulating. Also I understand when you say you feel the need to off load to people I think this is a common thing with anxiety. Hope this helps in some way I've been off work for a week and some day's have been tough I even made myself catch a train to the beach once again I was feeling self conscious to start with and nearly didn't go but I thought well I can stay at home feeling anxious or have a change of scenery.
  • Posted

HI Lucy and Rhian

Thank you for your good replies...I have just met a friend for coffee but didn't really want to be there even though I wanted to get out of the house. It was too hot, does anyone elese have a problem with the heat whilst anxious. Came home for a good cry.  There are things I could do to take my mind off things but cannot summon energy.   I need to get a hold on this.

• Posted

I understand completely about the heat, I don't like getting too hot as that is how I feel when I'm anxious. I just carry a bottle of water to drink and make sure I'm wearing appropriate clothing. Stay out of the sun as much as possible. Anxiety causes so many different feelings, you just need to remember that they are only your thoughts and not really whats happening. You will get through this. Sitting in a coffee shop people watching is a great idea and you know if you feel funny there are plenty of people to talk to x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.