Turning a corner and seeing some light!

Posted , 10 users are following.

a positive note from week 6 to 7. Since my physio last Tuesday, I have driven the car, did 100 revolutions on my bike, albeit on the edge, but I did it. Reached 91 and -7. Last week was 85/-13. And I'm sleeping through the night with no pain. My therapist is impressed with my mussel strength, she says I'm the strongest woman she has ever treated! ( chest puffing out lol). I attribute the strength to riding my bike on a stand for a year to help with the last tkr thus helping this one post op. So hang in there folks, it is in your future too. 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well done Anne - you deserve to puff out that chest! cheesygrin 

And it's good to know that the bike helped for the second op too. I'm on my first, but the second can't be far behind.....so that's another motivation to keep up the bike work.

Well done again smile

• Posted

Very impressive. 12 weeks here and just did a 5 mile hike! Still riding the bike?
  • Posted

Glad to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel - well done! - am 12 days out of TKR and am seeing every hour on my watch during the night until I get up in desperation just after 5.  I cannot get my leg in a comfortable position - am doing my exercises and icing and walking confidently and the day is not too bad but am beginning to dread the night - thank you for giving me some hope.
    • Posted

Helen, I was desperate too until about 3 weeks. Couldn't sleep, woke up in tears from what passed as 'sleep'. But it gradually got better, until it was 2 x 3 hours a night, then 4 + 2 and so on. Now I can do a full 7 hours smile So yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Wishing you well. It will get better smile

• Posted

Helen, I was the same dear. I slept or tried to in every bed, we have 3 and couch and chair. I was constantly going looking for comfort. My pills didn't do me much good, I'd get two hrs of sleep but they made me so miserable, the first 2-3 weeks was oblivion. Make sure and rest during the day. Sleep whenever you ca. Don't work yourself to hard and each morning is a new day toward the end. It's a time thing too. It doesn't happen quickly. You'll get there. 
    • Posted

Thank you sooo much for your reassurance - I will let the discussion know how I am in a couple of weeks to reassure someone else.
  • Posted

Awesome, so proud of you, I am so looking forward to just walking unaided,
  • Posted

Good to know that the light is definitely NOT an oncoming train!!!  Good work.  Goal is zero / +120 (or more) for full range of motion.  As you already know, this is not easy work.  Took me 9 weeks to get to -1 / +128...the gym will take care of the rest plus strengethen the supporting muscles.  "Never give up.  Never surrender." - Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.