TVT Operation Date

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am going in on the 12th September for my TVT operation that is being done under a Local Anaesthetic.  Just wondering if anyone can give some advise on how they felt during and after the procedure?

​Was the Local Anaethetic enough to not feel any pain with it being such a delicate area?

​How long did it take you to recover as I would like to be back at workas soon as possible. I have a desk job so can be seated most of the day if needed.

​Finally has the op been a success for you?

​Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My TVT repair was done under general anaesthetic, along with a prolapse repair, so I can only speak to the difference it has made. It is fantastic. I can laugh, sneeze, cough and do star jumps (if I want to). There is no need for panty liners or anything. What I did notice was the flow changed. It takes longer to pee, and I'm always careful to double void, but I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.