Twitching

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Just needed some advice if possible

Started in march with a forearm twitch that went after 3 or 4days. Had other twitches but seemed to stop. Went through the whole als anxiety and then read an article about symptoms and it seemed to calm me down.

Went to the doctor who said I had slightly brisk reflex in leg but nothing to worry about.

The last week the twitches Slowly comes back now in tricep and shoulder for the past week only. Been to physio about the discomfort who said that was normal and is a posture issue stemming from neck.

That I do understand.

Twitching has returned in my right calf. And it's all over the calf not necessarily in the same part of the leg. I have also had cramp in the night in both calves and also in feet.

GP said it's benign and not me to worry about it, but being anxious about it I noticed the right calf is smaller by .5cm then the left. I would suggest left being more dominant as I was left footed when I played football.

Can anyone relate to this? Does this sound normal!

I have an appintment again in 2 weeks but I feel like it's all in he mind!

I do exercise 5 times a week made up of gym and I run around 10 miles per week

I do also take levothyroxine for thyroid - could the dosage be wrong?

40 year old male!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! When my levothyroxine is low, I get all sorts of twitching and cramps! If I lay my calf on the bed, it looks like I have worms under my skin. Each muscle twitches at a different rate. Some fast, some slow. Raise my Levothyroxine and they stop.
    • Posted

Thanks

Ita more Noticable when lying down.

Cramp in the bottom of my foot is the main one with twitching in calf but normally all over.

My blood results are back and I have an appointment about my thyroid levels as the surgery said that I need to talk to doctor.

Hopefully increase or decrease!

Will see!!!

• Posted

The twitching is also in my right calf after exercise.

Last 2 days I have had right index finger twitch too mans in thumb. Feels like my thumb and finger need to move as if they have so much energy!

I do suffer with posture problems in my neck as sitting down all day in front of laptop.

Neurology appointment next Tuesday with gp follow up Friday

This is doing my head in. Think I am suffering from hypochondria!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.