Two steps forward, five steps back! I feel like there hasn't been enough progress!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi you all. I've read and read past threads and I try to stay positive. And patient. But I feel like I'm right back at the beginning. I had my TKR 5 weeks ago and I know that sounds too soon to complain. When I go to pt and they massage my leg, I feel better, like I am making progress, but when I leave, within 30 minutes, everything is back. Swollen! Stiffness! Limping! Pain! I need as much ice, pain medication, as in the beginning. Can't bend past 90 or straighten to 100. Still sleeping in a chair, for 45 minute increments....all night long. I am doing exercise at home but I worry all the time if my leg will ever be straight again? Will my limping ever go away? I'm not doing enough... I'm sorry I sound like a big baby. But I just had to say it all. I think these things as the minutes just keep ticking by...unchanging.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Like u had Tkr in Feb when pt works on it it's lovely then goes back to being stiff .i walk with a limp, getting me down . Not gone back to work .feeling down but find comfort knowing I'm not the only one going through hell. So chin up we will get there.

• Posted

Hi Leslie. I'm sorry your recovery isn't a "walk in the park"! Mine isn't either! This is so hard!! When do you plan on returning to work? Sometimes I worry that I didn't allow for enough recovery time before I go back. I went for a short walk yesterday and concentrated on toe/heal/bend stepping because I still limp and have swelling, etc. My husband came and picked me up in his car after I went two blocks. I didn't even get to "walk in the park". Maybe next time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.