Two weeks feeling bad, no sleep, no appetite.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I have been on 40mg for about a year which then went down to 20mg but an increased level of anxiety and depression came out of the blue for no reason about three weeks ago. My medication was put back to 40mg and I have had very little sleep and I have lost my appetite. I'm feeling shaky and irritable.  I fall asleep very quickly but it doesn't last and I spend the night pacing the house. I dread going to bed. I didn't have this problem when I first went on Citalopram although it replaced another anti depressent. I am wondering how long this nightmare might go on for? I think if I could break the sleeping cycle I might start feeling better but how?. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im afraid i dont have an answer at the mo. I was feeling great then for no reason since weekend i have slept for about 3 hours then wide awake & feeling so anxious. Its an awfull feeling. Just remember you are not alone. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you. Stay strong. 
    • Posted

Thanks renfrew. I'm going on my dream holiday next Thursday then this comes along.Gutted. Maybe the sun might help and good friends around although I don't feel very communicative at the moment..
    • Posted

Have a wonderful time. Try & relax & enjoy the time with your friends im sure they will all support you. Be positive i know its easy to say a lot harder to do. Take care. 
    • Posted

I hope u have a nice holiday ,why do u not ask your GP for sleeping tablets for 2 months whilst the citàlprom is kicking in as it takes time for it to work again,good luck.
    • Posted

Where are you going for your holiday, do you like reading if so if u go to your local library get a book in CBT therapy it is really helpful it teaches u on how to get out the negative thoughts and tricks on stopping anxiety together with citalprom will get you going, u can also get the books on Amazon if u have cash, l am also on 40 mg this drug has done wonders for me, cheers.
    • Posted

I am going to India. It's been an ambition since I was a child. I am an avid reader. I have a kindle so I will look on Amazon. It'll be good to read on the flight. Thanks a lot for the advice it's much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.