Two years PO PKR swelling , anyone else have this happen ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just about two yearsPO PKR .  Is is possible to have swelling after two years ? I think I may have done too much - lot of stairs over and over ( not exercising just doing things ) and now I am so swelled and just got on vacation at the beach with my kids and grandchildren 😩. I started iceing and taking iboprofen again . I’m fairly good in the morning by end of day I’m a mess again  with swelling .

Anyone have this happen this far out ?

I’m just so upset but trying to hide it . So sick of all this .   Last time this happened I had to have it drained but I’m out of town for 10 days suppose to be enjoying time with my family !

How do you know what is too much .

Debbie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am almost 2 years from my last TKR and yes if I do too much I get lots of swelling and pain but within a day or two it calms down. Now if the swelling continues along with the pain by all means have it checked out. In my case I have had constant swelling and pain since my last TKR but as time wore on the pain kept increasing and finally I had to get it checked out. Glad I did but now I need another surgery YUCK !!. You may know this already but to help with the swelling wrap your knee in ice it helps a great deal. If I did not have any pain meds ice would be the next best thing.
    • Posted

Sorry about all you have gone through but sounds as though you have the right mind set and attitude . 

Yes ice is my best friend these days .

Debbie 

• Posted

Just thought I would ask if your doing any better ?? Personally I hate stairs my mother is 78 she has had both of her knees done and she can go up and down steps no problem here I am at 57 its one step at a time and I hate it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.