UFE aug 16 some questions

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi everyone, I just had the UFE it is painful after the procedure! I had to stay two days at the hospital so they can control my pain. how can people do it as an outpatient?

here are my questions:

1. is it normal that the pain starts when I walk or sit? if I lay down in a couch everything is great. 

2. how long does the vaginal bleeding will last? 

3. The doc told me that tomorrow monday I could drive, I don'T think so, is it normal or maybe there is something wrong in my recovery?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had it done 17 mths ago and was in pain for weeks after it was horrible. I was only in hospital the night given morphine .and discharged next day with pain killers .was of work for 4 weeks and wasn't still feeling 100% when I went back .the fibroids have shrunk few center metres but as not cured them .still getting pelvic pain and bloating ,so wasn't worth the pain having it done .xx

• Posted

Hi ale

I had UFE done  in January 2016. It's completely normal to have pain when you walk or stand  with me that was for a few weeks. 

The bleeding stopped after about a week.

Get plenty of rest and you will soon get better 

• Posted

Hi, I am 32 years old and had my ufe on 25th July 2017. I was in severe pain after my procedure and was on morphine for one day and was discharged the next morning. I was in severe pain at home and had to go to a&e two days after my discharge as when I was urinating I was in severe pain. They gave my co-codamol the 30mg strength which helped a great deal. My fibroids were near my bladder and bowel hence the pain when urinating as the fibroids were dying. I was told by my radiographer who performed my procedure that the severity of pain varies from woman to woman and so does the recovery but it is good to have the pain as the fibroids are dying and shrinking, my vaginal discharge lasted about 2-3 weeks. My period is normal and have not missed it I just came on one day early. I was experiencing hot flushes but they seem to be subsiding. I have been off sick from work for four weeks due to the procedure and I am due to go back to work in one week. I am hopeful of my recovery and I wish you all the best in your recovery. 

• Posted

Ok so everything  looks on its on its normal way to be... I HOPE IT HELPS! I don't want to have a hysterectomy.  I'll keep you posted, and please give me tips that can help. THANKS,

• Posted

Hi, I had my UFE done in February of this year. I was in overnight and was off work for two weeks. I took painkillers for the first 10 days or so as the pain was pretty constant when sitting up and moving about. Incredibly painful procedure even with morphine given that first night but it means the fibroids were dying. My vaginal bleeding lasted 2 weeks and I've had really heavy periods since bar the last two which have been just as painful but shorter. So, I'm hoping this continues..

Your recovery sounds normal - I was back at work after two weeks but I think it took me another 6 weeks to feel fully recovered and not as fatigued.

Hope this helps...

• Posted

Hi, 

I was in the hospital for two days too. The pain was unbearable for me. I didn't have any bleeding as mine was done through the upper inner thigh. 

I was in pain for a week and could not drive until the pain was better. Do not drive if you are still in pain or taking meds as pain can hit you at anytime. 

Two week I remember feeling so weak and tired which is normal. By third week you will be great. Those were my experiences as everyone's will vary. 

Good luck. And hang in there. Toughest week will only be your first. 

• Posted

Hi, one day for a week after UFE. I'm still tired, less vaginal bleeding and less pelvic pain. I hope everyday would be better that the last one.

I'm still at home, I don't know when I will have every to start working...

has everyone felt this tiredness?

• Posted

Hi All,

I had an UFE on 8/24 and spent one night at the hospital for observation. Morphine did not help with pain so I was given (not sure of spelling), Dilaludid. It's for severe pain.  I did not know that this procedure was so painful. I've had basically no bleeding, just a mucous type clear discharge. I feel better today (day 5) thank I've felt since I came home. I pray to god that this works. The amount of pain that I was in, it should. Oh yeah, I can't sit up long or my lower back starts to hurt. Right now, l have a few sharp pains in my uterus and that's it. I'm praying for a miracle as I've had three myomectomy's prior to the UFE. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.