UFE experiences?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m about to undergo this procedure in a couple of weeks.  I’ve had many pelvic surgeries due to endometriosis and fibroids and a surgeon burned my ureter which led to many more surgeries and chronic pain, so this procedure is one of my last possibilities.  I’m allergic to morphine but can have fentynal.  I’m seeking any experienced both good and bad.  Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Had mine 6 weeks ago take as much pain relief in the first two weeks. Am feeling tired with it just now but hoping it will pass had 2 bleeds already though but I think it’s normal to bleed ended up in hospital and got an mri scan and was told it’s working my fibroid is inside my womb x
  • Posted

I am 10 days out from my procedure and doing pretty well. I had this at Stanford and I have to say they are the BEST!  They actually go in through your wrist and they use lidocaine to help with pain.  The only time my pain got bad was when the pain pump died.  I’m still taking prescription strength Aleve but off the narcotics.  I’m still pretty tired and I think I’m pretty swollen still.  I’m on progestin and was spotting daily before and have continued to spot throughout this recovery.  I hope I’m through the worst of it and that I start to feel the good effects of this procedure.  So far I’d recommend it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.