UFE Monday morning

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am scheduled for the UFE in the morning. I've been listening to a meditation/healing CD for a week plus and hoping that will help ease the pain and speedier recovery. Has anyone used this method? Also, I just got my menstrual cycle and most likely will be gushing tomorrow. Did anyone else experience this? Any advice? Has anyone not used an opioid and got through the pain on the day of the procedure?

Thank you for any light you can shed on these questions. Wish I found this site sooner. I did read quite a few books and one book stated that this is like having a heart attack. I cannot believe I'm doing this, but with other people's results, I'm hopeful life will be better afterwards.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take as much morphine as your offered. I think the pain is proportionate to the size of the fibroids. Mine were big. I had 10mg with antibiotics beforehand, 10 during the procedure and 10 mg immediately after. I was then put on a patient controlled pump overnight and used 49 mg. I had a further 10 mg in the morning. At home I had paracetamol and ibuprofen three times a day for a week. I was given 30 of Tramadol to take over a week and used about 10 of those mainly in first 2 days. At no time was the pain unbearable. 
  • Posted

I had my UFE exactly a year ago. My pain was severeb hile in recovery.  I used the morphine pump twice while in recovery.  I had meds for nausea and slept well.  800mg of ibuprofen worked best while I was at home. I wish you best of luck. 
  • Posted

You will be fine. I was on my menstrual cycle and it actually was a little lighter  because I was under so much stress. I am so happy I did the procedure. 
  • Posted

I ended up being so nauseous on Monday and Tuesday even with anti nausea meds. I went home the same day as procedure. My husband went to the pharmacy and got a sublingual anti nausea pill and that helped. I was finally able to eat a little food by Wednesday.

My period was heavier going in and much lighter later that day.

I am only using Ibuprofen but honestly I do not have much pain. I do feel some discomfort below my belly button and to my right, and will call the Dr. to see if I really need to be concerned. I was using a meditation healing CD 2x a day for a week...amazing how well that worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.