UFE or removal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All, im new here and needed some advice. So finally after 5years I have my pre op assessment for UFE in a couple of weeks.

They gave me 2 options, one to have the UFE or to have them removed.

Initially I thought I would try the less invasive option but now im not sure. The consultant said UFE would be done under local and I would be awake, that just freaked me out. I would start panicking, is this procedure painful? I would rather they knocked me out.

At the moment I have gone up 2 sizes and look 8months pregnant. Im sooooo lethargic and constantly on anaemia tablets. No matter how hard I try to eat healthy etc there bloatedness doesnt go away.

I feel like my stomach is detached, it feels very heavy!

Apart from the heavy bleeding, the pain etc will I see a difference? Will my pregnant stomach disappear?

I would be very grateful to hear of your experience.

Thanks in advance 😊

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sonya! It’s going on 3 weeks since I had mine UFE.... you will not feel a thing!! My stomach has went down tremendously from the fibroids had me looking like I was 7 months pregnant,the heavy flow & pain has diminished! You will have pain after the procedure but in 7 to 10 days you will be okay

• Posted

How are you getting on now am 6 weeks and still feeling some symptoms feeling pain in my left groin now and again telling myself it’s the fibroid shrinking I have had an mri and was showing a good result x
    • Posted

Hi Amanda I have mild pain in my groin as well but it’s manageable and everyday I am getting better having the UFE was a great decision I made....
    • Posted

Thanks for those words did the pain last long am now going into my 7th week 
  • Posted

I had UFE 7 months ago. It didn’t hurt. However, I will be cutting them out because one didn’t fibroid grew new arteries. Always good to do least the intrusive measure first. At least in my books smile

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi

I have had UFE and I was also scared. You can be given a sedative during the procedure which takes away the fear. Also you have a Morphine pump. The worst for me was not the procedure but the Morphine Sickness but to be honest I have had hangovers worse. Other than that it was easy. 

My advice go for it. In my case it shrunk from 11cm to 7.5. So didn’t totally work but now it’s smaller I am able to have a Laprascopic Myomectomy which was not an option before UFE. I was desperate to avoid Hysterectomy. I have 

No regrets whatsoever. Good luck 

• Posted

That was exactly like me! Glad to know you went for laparoscopic. Did it work?
    • Posted

Hi scuba girl 

I have not had my Laprascopic Myomectomy yet. I am having it on 11th January 2018. So I will post afterwards. From what I have read recovery is 2-4 weeks. 

• Posted

Well, I’m scheduled for December 12 - happy holidays! I will let you know smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.