Ughhhh...these symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone experience an increase in bp and pulse rate before a hot flash happens? Does anyone feel like something is wrong before the hot flash happens?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

My bp is normaly low but just before the flush starts, I can hear the blood in my head. A whoosh whoosh sound. Then it starts. I also experience a restlessness, just before. The heat and sweating follow then as it tails off, I feel like insects are crawling over my hands and sometimes I hear what sounds like a radio on in another room. My pluse definately quickens just before and it all takes a few minutes to settle down. Then, just to make it even worse, sometimes I get cold sweats immediately after. My endocrinologist tells me this is not unusual. !!!
    • Posted

This happened to me today! I felt drowsy so I took a nap and woke up startled by my phone ringing. My pulse rate increased, I felt weird my chest started hurting and then afterwards I felt cold too. I don't think I got a hot flash right before though. I think I just got startled out of my sleep. I startle easily these days since peri hit.

• Posted

I wake up for 'no reason' - then it is like a tsunami of heat rolling in. I feel like my head is going to explode.

How can you have hot sweats and be cold at the same time?confusedtwisted

• Posted

yes. to this.   I really don't know how we are supposed to cope with this mentally as the strange feeling beforehand that something is wrong is very unsettling.  My pulse rate rises but I don't get terrible heat, just hotness but when it is over, I get chills, it is the unsettled feeling beforehand that I find the most difficult to deal with.  I also wake with one every night without fail, from a deep sleep, wide awake.  This I hate the most.

• Posted

do you sweat with yours? I just flush,no sweating, but I seem to be the only person like that so I always assumed they weren't hot flashes but something else.

• Posted

hi, I don't sweat at all.  Just uncomfortable feeling first that I now know what it is!  and me too, thought it was something else, but it's our own kind of hot flashes?  do you have many during the day, I feel sick with them too.

• Posted

Deardoe I also get hot but don't sweat most of the time you ever get hot in just one spot on your body it's weird but I've noticed that one time I'm hot on my bellie the next my head the next my arm but no sweaty

• Posted

For a couple years I would have several a day and they would last for a long time. I have noticed that anxiety makes them.worse.
    • Posted

Mine was so usually my face and or my ears. They get red and feel like they are on fire.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.