Ulcer and Oesophagitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I had an upper GI endoscopy done 3 weeks ago and found out I had multiple supeficial ulcers in the stomach and duodenal and oesophagitis. I never got heartburn in my life so im assuming its silent since i do burp often and have a lump/sore feeling on the left side only (which i find weird). I have been placed on 40mg protonix for 3 months. Just yesterday I got the results of my h pylori biopsy and it was negative which made it even more scary since i never use NSAIDs and I am only 23 years old. I convinced myself it was because of alcohol. I do not drink anymore but in college i drank as much as the next college kid. Anyways, has anyone cured themselves of Ulcers? Three weeks into the medication I do not get burning but my biggest problem is when i get hungry i get a slight pain and worry its about to start burning any second. Another issue I have is eating before bedtime that is when im the most hungriest and want to eat everything. Any suggestions/tips/cures would be greatly appreciated!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Google cabbage juice, i'm sure that I've read somewhere that this is meant to help.

Good luck

• Posted

I read about cabbage juice but was wondering about the healthly amount of dosages. I read 4 to 5 times a day but only a cycle of 5 days max because it puts heavy pressure on the small intestines. I guess ill drink it once a day and see how it works with my medication. 
  • Posted

Hi, what were your symptoms out of curiosity?
    • Posted

The symptoms I have are burning in stomach when hungry, burping after drinking water or eating, brain fog, feeling of lump on the left side of throat only, headaches, sometimes post nasal drip could be from allergies too. These are the symptoms I have but i knew something was wrong instantly because of brain fog. I still get hungry the same amount and can eat the same amount but have lost 5 pounds due to healthly eating. I am by no means overweight im 5'8 and weigh 145.
  • Posted

So far as I can see you really only need to worry about ulcers when stools start going dark. The pain always eases when you take an H2 blocker or PPI. ALL CLEAR UP IN ABOUT 8 weeks but many doctors tell you to take them for life. An alternative is zinc carsonine. It doesnt stop pain straight away but it adds mucous to the lining and doesnt mess with acid. I was horrified to read another thread you responded to of the lass that was on PPI's for 20 years and was found to have zero acid. The zinc stuff is the first line of defence in Japan for about 20 years yet there is almost no mention of it in the West.
    • Posted

Hi Rex, thanks for your reply. I will def look into zinc carsonine seems like a great product that makes sense. I was horrified too when I read about the PPI but I know it to be true. I will def wane off it toward the end of my 3 month period and use slippery elm, zinc, cabbage juice etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.