Posted , 3 users are following.
So, my doctor's office calls today (primary care Dr) to say my ultrasound was normal. Then she says that my doctor still wants me to meet with the surgeons. I asked her why, if my scan was normal. She said she would ask the Dr and call me back.
She just called and said that there is another test (I'm assuming the HIDA), but he wants me to meet with the surgeons and let them decide. Now that makes NO sense to me. Of course the surgeons are going to want to take out my gallbladder. Shouldn't the HIDA be ordered by my primary care? Should I go see another doctor? Is this considered gastroenterology?
There is no way I'm having surgery without KNOWING FOR SURE something is wrong with it. Now I have an consult with the surgeons on Sept. 16th. It seems to me that the next test, blood work etc. could be ordered now, rather than waiting two weeks just to talk to them.
I am confused.
As far as my symptoms go, they haven't been bad lately. I've been eating really low fat. I still have some aching around the right side of my neck, right shoulder blade and back side of my gallbladder, but not all the time.
0 likes, 13 replies