Un-cleaned smegma after years

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, I am very embarrassed to have to ask for advice on this topic but it is needed.

Just today I was finally able to retract my foreskin to below my glans, which is a big step for me as I have not been able to for the last few years. A while ago, I noticed some sort of cheese looking substance whilst attempting to retract my foreskin. I thought nothing of it as I thought it would wash away. It was only until recently I found out that it had probably hardened, which explained why my foreskin wouldn't budge.

As mentioned previously, I was able to have a good clean of the hardened smegma that was present, but I noticed there seemed to be some underneath my foreskin more towards the shaft of my penis.

So I am on here to ask, should I use some sort of oil to try and loosen the smegma under the foreskin? Or should I try to pull it back even further and pick it off?

Any help appreciated 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Alex,

Yes, use something to soften it first.

My first suggestion is just water, take a bath and try to get the water to soak the area & gently rub it away. Be careful not to pull the foreskin back any more then it naturally goes pain free. Ideally hold it back underwater to allow the best soaking.

Something like a cotton bud to help remove maybe handy. But a facecloth (flannel) would probably be best.

Be wary of some oils as they could stick to it & have a build up. If you where to try any, probably coconut oil is best as it get help with skincare anyway.

Feel free to dm me if you prefer to answer that way.

Rob.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.