Unbearable Side effects and only on day 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got prescribe Citroplam last year but after a few days the side effects put me off. However my anxiety has stated to get worse so have decided to give them another go. 

I’m only on 2 days and I feel like I’m have all th side effects.

Dry mouth, ringing in ears, blurred vision, watery eyes, clenched jaw and no appetite?

I’m not sure what to do? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to say I’m on 10mg.

I am also yawning loads too.

• Posted

Hi. The yawning is very common. The only good thing with side effects is that you know the medication is in your system. Unfortunately they can make you worse before better. I would say I was rough for days 2 to 5 then felt ok for a couple of weeks. I then hit rock bottom but had great helP from family and Drs. Ask your GP If you need extra help. Im on week 6 now and increased my dose to 30mg and feel so much better. Hang inthere. It will get better. Everything you are feeling is normal. However seek help from your go if it becomes too much. Stay in touch and good luck x

• Posted

Thank you.

What time of day do you take your tablet? I was thinking if a did at bedtime that I would sleep through most oaf the side effects? 

• Posted

Sounds like the typical start up side effects that can happen in the 1st week or so.  sad  Things should improve by about week 2.
    • Posted

Do you think if I took the tablet at bed time that I would sleep through most of the side effects? 
    • Posted

Curlysue - you can definitely try.

I take mine at night before bed which helps me sleep through drowsy/nausea.  However - in the first week I would wake up if i had night sweats/anxiety but managed to get back to sleep rather quickly as I knew it was just a side effect of the med.  For dry mouth during the day - I used Act For Dry Mouth lozenges.

• Posted

Thank a will give it a go.

This is what putting  me off last time the side effects and I think is it really worth it and was I that bad. 

• Posted

Taking them at night really helped me when I first started on them as, like you say, it meant I slept through some of the side effects. Stick with it though, the first few weeks are tough but Citalopram really does help once you've adjusted to it so it's worth it in the end :-)

• Posted

I think you need to try different things to see what works best for you. Fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.