Unbelievably lo today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Today I have hit a point where I'm not sure I can go on....brain not functioning, only negative thoughts, mentally and physically drained, even the though of my kids isn't helping, I feel nothing..exhausted talking and feeling like. I am disappearing...period is overdue and just feeling like ending it all....I have had two years of this and. Fighting but I am losing hope...docs today, feel like signing into psych ward for help, just not coping to be homnest

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi TropVon, 

its good to vent your feelings time to time.

after a good sleep, plan out your diet chart - eat within 3 hours gap, each meal having sufficient protein - cheese is good for you at this time

keep sipping on plain water all day- stay hydrated

plan out a breathing exercise to deal with anxiety - breath through the nose - 5 counts, keep for 5, exhale for 5 through mouth

go for outside walks 

keep busy

take your vitamins

make short term goals for anything that is left pending

we are here for each other

but you have to remember the basics

lots of love

• Posted

Thanks Gentleballads, I generally do eat well and exercise daily....I'm thinking I may have something sinus going on as tender around eyes etc.....my head just feels stuffed and not functioning.....I have an appointment for diabetes testing tomorrow as have been incredibly thirsty too and needing to eat everyv2 hours and through the night and must be drinking at least 3 litres of water a day.......thank you so much for caring and your reply.....I hope you are good :-)
  • Posted

Hi

I feel exactly the same, I don't know where to turn. I'm off to a homeopath next week and I'm hoping it helps. I don't know about you but I feel like I went bed a strong, calm woman and woke up a wreck who has developed a health anxiety which eats up my days. Im taking all kinds of supplements for hormonal balance which were recommended to me by a nutritionist and I still have this cloud that hangs over me. Every time my boobs are a bit sore I go into meltdown thinking my estrogen level is too high. Awful state of mind and any advice on dealing with this type anxiety will be much appreciated. I'm 40 in a few months.

• Posted

Sorry to hear your feeling this too NIC....I really hope you get somewhere with homeopathy, let us know....hugs to you.....feeling really low again tonight xxx
  • Posted

Hi TropicalVon69

Just read your post and I can really relate to how you feel,.

Have you considered you may be depressed too ? don't want to add to your anxiety but it may be worth seeing you gp and talking about how you feel. You sound as though you are really not getting any joy in life at this time and it is an awful place to be. Main thing is, do not feel guilty about feeling like this and try to look after yourself, rest, eat when you can and talk to someone.  I hope you can get some relief soon, you can get through this so do not give up. 

Talk on here when ever you need too, we all understand xx

• Posted

Hi

Some days I'm on cloud nine, then the odd twinge just starts my health anxiety off. I had a word with my gp and she said I was too young for anything like perimenopause but my mother was on hrt by the time she was 45 and had quite a few years of hormonal problems.

• Posted

Don't you just hate the way doctors dismiss the menopause or peri just because we aren't anywhere near our 50s. I find it insulting. My mum was 42 when she started with it. I started with vague symptoms around 34, I'm 40 now and most of the time I feel dreadful. I often think as we're only born with so many eggs surely the earlier we start our periods the earlier we'll hit menopause. I was 10 when I started, my mum was 12 so this correlates to me. Hope everyone feels better soon x
    • Posted

True, my mother started at 11 and I was 12. Straight away the night sweats, hip ache, moods, painful boobs, etc etc were put down to anxiety which I was offered medication. That's not what I want so wel see what happens.
    • Posted

I feel the same way. I know the changes that has taken place in my body and I know how I feel from day to day and it just makes me angry for a doc to blow us off. I'm so tired of hearing im too young or I'm just anxious or I maybe depressed. Not listening and acting accordingly to me as a patient will make me depressed. They wouldn't like it one bit if they had to walk around knowing that something is wrong with their body and being told that it's not happening or can't be happening. Peri/Meno is not a light subject. Our hormones are essential parts of our bodies function even though it is a natural transition. When they are out of whack we feel horrible and it really alters our quality of life. If you have already altered your diet, added exercise and coping techniques and still not getting relief then a doc should be willing to explore HRT options with you. If you have no health issues that will not allow you to take HRT then it should be your decision to try and find what's right for you. Age has nothing to do with you needing to feel better. I'm sorry to vent in that way. I come up against the same things with docs because of my age and just really makes me angry. And I'm also overly emotional today. LOL
    • Posted

I got my first bleed at 9 and it went away for a year and started when I was 10. I have been having the subtle symptoms since I was 35. As soon as I told the doc about my anxiety that came out of nowhere, I was told it was common in women my age and to see a psych along with a script for Ativan. No mention of peri or anything hormone related.
    • Posted

Hi Julie, thanks for your reply, I am on an antidepressant mirtazapine already, just upped dose 3 weeks ago, had blood sugar tests today and liver function, I just feel so empty and desolate inside....went walking with wee one today and coming home just feels so empty...need a good cry I think.....so frustrated and angry all us women are going through this xxx
    • Posted

It's an awful time, you seem to lose who you are. If it's not bad enough we start periods as children, go through the emotional and physical trauma of having children and just when you thought things were normal perimenopause and menopause creep up. Men don't know they're born!!!
  • Posted

trop, im sure you must have got it sorted out in your head about various options

hows your sugar count ? low sugar makes many get many symtpoms and it wont show on the readings so diet is important

anti depressants take at least two weeks to kick in

if you can manage without them its better because they make you addicted and you have learn to wean off them later but its your choice- breathing exercises and yoga are better for controlling moods and anxiety

hope you are better 

• Posted

Obviously I would have preferred to do without anti depressants Gentleballads, I was exercising, yoga,supplements etc annd that helps but felt I was totally struggling to be honest.....and clearly every woman is different.....still noperiod and feeling of doom in my stomach again this morning....It won't stop me going out or anything, I am not lying down to it but just venting how effing hard this is.....feeling angry inside is just horrible ...hope you're good n
    • Posted

Everyone is different, I'm sure we would all like to go through this nightmare without the aid of medication but sometimes it doesn't work like that. I recall my mother in her early forties and she initially got depressed and it turned into anger to the point where my dad told her to go to the doctors because it was becoming hard to function as a family. She went and they put her on hrt and she was 44/45. I'm 40 in a few months and even though the go said all my symptoms were anxiety related, I know I am in peri.
    • Posted

So good to hear that you have been trying so hard lately...i read about your experience with keeping a stone in your pocket and feeling it when your having panic attacks.

lately my mornings have been awful, two mornings like this and you feel you are going three steps backwards

its nice to share on here though

keep well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.