Uncomfortable achy pains in my leg causing me to panic!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since yesterday, I have had awful, uncomfortable pain in my right leg from my calf to behind my knee, to my thigh(all over) and then to my hip. I have had this pain before about a couple of months ago and it went away after a few days. It's so sore, I think the worst (blood clots) and panic which makes me sweat, nauseous, pins and needles and dizzy!! 

Has anyone ever experienced this??

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

is it restless leg syndrome? i have had that. i take a magnesium supplement to help.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i experience restless legs as an uncomfortable inanity to keep my legs still. it isn't painful per se, but it is uncomfortable. i get a painful ache sometimes too, but find that taking magnesium helps with it all. my supplement is called magnesiocard (i live in europe) and is a prescription. you pour the powder into watet and drink it. maybe worth checking out? many people are magnesium deficient, so ask your doc. probably can't hurt!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been experiencing leg pain for nearly a year now. That would be the cortisol that your body releases when your stressed out. I would talk to your parents or if your older take some ibuprofen. Once you relax the pain should go away. Good luck!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am advised not to take ibuprofen directly due to stomach issues I've ended up with through stress. I tried some gel and paracetamol. Not working at all. It's very uncomfortable. In read up on restless leg and sounds familiar but doesn't stop me from thinking the worst. Just feel like my right hand side of my body is always sore in some way and today and yesterday my leg and hip has been where the pain is today.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The same thing happened to me. If you can't take pain meds then really your just going to have to fight the painsmile it hurts alot but be strong and it will bet better.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Take a belt and lay on your back on the ground. Take the belt and hold it on the bottom of your foot and raise your leg in the air. When it feels tense don't go any farther. This relaxes me alot. Hold it for about 10-15 seconds.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It could also be sciatica. Or like me perhaps you have a Baker Cyst behind the knee. Try putting your heel up onto a high chair and then bending your torso towards the knee. This will stretch the leg and alleviate the pain. I think its sciatica though and yes, doctor right to take you away from ibuprofen. Try Ponstan (mefanacide in other words). Its a coated tablet so quite safe for your tummy.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's in your head jac,the more you focus on it the worse it will feel.I used to pace the house because I hated the cramping sensation. I no longer suffer from anxiety,so when I occasionally get leg cramps,I ignore them and they're gone before I know it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Working out gives you a reason to feel sore so I work out to give myself reason not to be anxious.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up