Uncomfortable feeling under left rib!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

first off i had constipation and got laxido and that cleared but it took a lot of straining it lasted around 8-10 days. i feel like i can now go toilet with no trouble.

now for the past 3-4 days I have been getting a weird feeling under my bottom left rib. it doesnt hurt or anythings its just uncomfortable my stools seem fine no blood and no vomit nothing!

I have had a blood test for Celiac Disease but haven't had the results yet.

i have taken Buscopan for this in the last 24 hours and i have felt fine for most of day until about 4 hours ago when it came back.

anyone had this nor what this could be ive been told over this website that it could be Gastritis but my symptoms dont match up?!

sometimes it makes me feel hungry and i do have back pain on the same side going around to it only when i bend tho.

its most uncomfortable when i lie down or bend or sit down. when im moving around i feel fine apart from the bad back.

I am 16 diagnosed with IBS about 2 years ago and these are new symptoms.

Please reply!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I had exact same pain, or, as you describe, feeling of something not being right. It was on and off - enough to be mindful of, but never really went away.

On Christmas day, I went to ER, as pain got worse, and could not get it under control.

They did CT scan, and said was constipated and had gastritis. Symptoms, like you, did not match. Pain went away and did not think much of it but came back in early March. Saw my regular physician and sent me to GI doc.

Just had colonscopy and endoscopy - and you want to know what I have? Hiatal hernia and esophagitis - level 1.

My hernia is right where my pain was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.