Under active thyroid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Another issue😥 I have been told my thyroid levels is low and B12 is away high 1200 without any supplements. Has anyone else been diagnosed with any these

in menopause?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

well i dint have that mybthyroid is normal and b12 but inthink these things change from what we go thru i woukdnt worry about it too much i assume they will give yiu medabfor thyroid i know it all scares us these days ! what do they do about the b12

• Posted

yes give me a wee tablet for thyroid

not sure gp doesn't seem worried even though I have read high B12 with supplements could be big c which worries me.

• Posted

HI, I am being treated for hypothyroidism which started at menopause. its a bloody minefield. i get loads of help and support from a web forum called Healthunlocked and go to the THYROID uk pages. good luck xx

• Posted

Yes. sadly its poorly managed by the nhs, most people dont have correct screening nor enough medication to make them feel better. it was only with the advice of thyroid uk forum experts that i got on the right track. there are lots of links with vitamin imbalances and other auto immune diseases. just put up a post with as much info as possible, and see what comes back.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.