underachieving thyroid. feeling really sick

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone. I recently had blood tests done at doctors because I had a bad experience with numbness and tingling in my arms. My bloods came back and my thyroid is going under active. My doc said that's one of the reasons why I probably had those symptoms. He said I've to go back in 3 months for another blood test to see how it is. He said it will go down slowly. So IL need a tablet to replace. I just want to know what kind of symptoms do you have ? For the people who have a under active thyroid. Thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

UNDER ACTIVE THYROID I MEAN. SORRY.
  • Posted

Hi rachel i was diagnosed with a underactive thyroid 8 months ago it made me tired and lost of appetite couldnt sleep and felt total rubbish im taking 75 mg levothyroxine daily and i started with anxiety something i never had before being diagnosed with underactive thyroid which im also taking citrilopram 10 mg for here if you want to chat x
    • Posted

Thank you Tammy. I've been feeling so sick lately. I have anxiety as well I'm on 40 MG Prozac for that but I get numbness and tingling in my arms and fingers sometimes. I feel weak and my arms and legs ache sometimes and i feel like im always tired with no energy like all i want to do is is sleep and just not do nothing. It's horrible.. But I have to wait 3 months for another blood test Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.