Underweight issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been struggling with anxiety lately and found it hard to eat I was around 8st I'm 5ft8" and now I'm 7st3lb. I'm trying my utmost best to put on some weight but it's really hard I'm eating a lot and have an app to track my progress. Everyone keeps commenting saying I look Ill and need to put on weight but I am tryin. I've always been very slim and had a baby last year she was a healthy weight at 7lb1oz. Should I really be worries? I feel like I'm going to die be used I'm underweight sad

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I had the same issue with my anxiety this was when I started setraline and the doctor took me off it in the end. Have you seen a doctor? I advise you do. Is it that you dont have an appitite or you find it hard to swallow your food? I started off drinking hot water and sugar, sounds gross but it gets some energy in your system because I couldnt drink milk or anything , I started off forcing myself to eat crackers, to the point I was very destressed because all I wanted to do was eat but I couldnt, I really feel for you its painful. But yes, is it you have no appitie or you cant swallow?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, I have been trying the last few days to eat more and yesterday I managed to eat 2300 calories but I felt so ill when I went to bed. If I want to put on weight I need to eat 2300 calories if not more but I find it so hard because I just don't think there's enough room in me to do it lol will my stomach stretch and get use to it? I've started complan shakes I have 2 a day to get nutrients
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When I couldnt eat my boyfriend had some food infront of him and I forced myself to eat it it was shepards pie my fav dish and after that I was fine. Food is like petrol for the human body you need it to keep going, it improves your physically energy and your mental health. Your stomach can shrink from lack of eating but it easily expands again, so dont worry about that. Atleast your eating something, such as the shakes and stuf f but you cant surive off that forever, dont make a habit out of it. Eating food and drinking water helps anxiety, think of like that and im sure you will feel more positive. See a doctor i suggest x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've seen a doctor but they won't do anything till I get to a certain weight it's ridiculous! Yesterday I had

2 bananas

2 wheetabix and whole milk

2 complan shakes with milk

2 snack pork pies

2 slices of whole meal toast

And a quarter of a pizza as I couldn't stomach anything else I was full lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thats good! Thats probably more than I eat now haha, stop panicking. When I couldnt eat I had hot water and 2 crackers everyday for about a week. You'll be okay but see a doctor again if your concerned xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you tried any of the drinks that have vitamins and minerals in them? That's what I drink when I feel nauseated. Ours is called Ensure. It has 350 calories in it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had that issue too. I saw a nutritionist who'd give me supplements to get my systems to work right then I'd slowly get the calories to stick.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up