Unexpected and Underermined Death

Posted , 6 users are following.

a family friend has recently passed, at the age of 24. He was diagnosed with ITP two years ago and had his spleen removed. Last Saturday he became very ill and couldn't stop vomiting. When he went to the hospital they determined he needed his blood cleaned but when they attempted to separate the plasma it was not yellow like lemonade it was black like oil. He later died of liver failure that Wednesday. Supposedly he was in excruciating pain towards the end so they had to sedate him until he passed away. He never complained, so would there have been symptoms way earlier to that Saturday or could something have killed him within only a week of symptoms? What could've caused such a quick and unexpected death? I couldn't find the answer online, do you know?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your will need to ask a doctor these questions because very few of us here are doctors.  A doctor is the only person who will be able to help you with this.
  • Posted

I agree with Pippa you need to ask your doctor what caused all this to happen or you can ask the coroner because I cannot answer these questions I am not a physician
  • Posted

That is very very sad.

to answer your question:

Methemoglobin,

myoglobin, 

methemalbumin can cause abnormal dark color in serum samples.

"Methemalbumin, formed when albumin binds excess hemin (oxidized free heme), consistent with intravascular hemolysis"

As to why this was happening, I don't know. 

It could be due to ITP, that an internal bleeding happened, something happened to the red blood cells....

• Posted

I'll make sure to look into that. They didn't get a coroner's report but I think that was a mistake. They're Jewish so they had to have the body buried within a short amount of time since they don't believe in embalming. 

• Posted

That is really sad. One of my friend, his age was just 25 and he got a sudden panic attack. We lost him andsad

it happened just bcoz of stress, depression.   

• Posted

It's amazing what stress can cause. I've had to be hospitalized in the past due to stress causing me to collapse from pain. I'm so sorry for your loss. More needs to be done to combat stress and depression. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.