Unhappy clinic experience

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to a walk-in clinic today and the nurse practitioner spent most of the time looking at her computer.  I think the medicine she prescribed is helping my issue, but the report she's sending to my GP is full of errors.  She listed some details of an exam that she didn't actually do and completely made up a reason for my symptoms instead of writing what I told her.  She also listed a medication that I don't take in my records.  After so many doctor visits and surgery earlier this year, this is just more craziness I don't need.  Sooooo tired of this stuff!  Maybe I should avoid walk-in clinics, but I've had good experiences at this one before and it's Sunday... oh well.  I think my new goal in these peri years is to try harder to stay well!!!  It is possible, right???

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It is if you get the right medication for your symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, what medication did she give you? xxx
    • Posted

She gave me Macrobid for a possible UTI.  I think I didn't eat enough with my second dose last night, though.  I ate a larger amount of food with my dose this morning and feel a bit better.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth. If macrobid is an antibiotic, sometimes they are better taken with food (it usually says on the leaflet that comes with them) to avoid side effects. Hope you feel better soon. xx
    • Posted

Thanks, Looloo.  I am making sure now to take with meals instead of just snacks.  The spacey feeling has not come back!  So that is good.
  • Posted

You were lucky you got a medicine that can help you, many times it's hit or miss, even with all the errors, at least something good came out of it.

• Posted

I hope it does, if needed... last time I thought I had a UTI, I took Cipro for a few days before finding out there was actually no infection.  A urologist confirmed it, so it was apparently an irritation that resolved on its own.  Unfortunately, he also did a CT scan that led to me having an ovary removed in April (long story).  Crazy year.
  • Posted

I hear you about being so tired of it all. Doctors, medical offices, prescriptions, pharmacies, etc. so sick of seeing, hearing, talking to them.

Personally I avoid nurse practitioners. There aren't too many here fortunately.

• Posted

I've had mixed experiences with doctors and NPs, but overall, I've fared better with doctors.  I am more determined than ever to improve my overall self-care and health.

• Posted

Well, now I have a new problem:  side effects!  Getting ready to post another discussion about that.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear about your experience, elizabeth

i too sometimes feel the irritation and insanity we ladies feel in our heads at this time of transition is really not from within us but outside us

its just that we need to be more patient these days

when i feel these instances these days i just tell myself to stop ....not react ....take time to reassess and then respond if response is sought

• Posted

Exactly.  I decided that this can be cleared up easily with a short memo to the GP to put in my file with the correct info.  I saw him in January for the same issue, so he knows my history and also made my urology and gyn referrals.  Probably should have gone to his group's weekend clinic instead - would have been a NP there, too, but a better one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.