Unhealed wound post internal haemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

I'm 4 weeks post haemorrhoidectomy   Just saw my surgeon for a post op apt

He said two of my internal wounds are still opened and unhealed. Explaining why I'm still in a lot of pain during bms

His recommendation was to spread my butt cheeks and bend over under the running shower and clean the area that way.   He doesn't think salt baths help as when you sit down the water displaces rather than cleans the area

My question is has anyone else had a wound that hasn't healed and what did you surgeon recommend you do to speed up the healing process.  

He said keeping it clean is my only bet. I thought I was doing exactly that so was surprised it's not healed 😫😫

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sez , seems we in the same boat , I am still bleeding a lot after a BM , and its still sore sometimes for hours after , I have my 6 weeks appointment on Friday and I'm scared to be honest , I wash with a hand shower after each BM and spray the area with Iodine , and if in a public toilet carry a squirt water bottle and Iodine wash .

Use Anethiane cream twice a day and try so hard to only have a movement at home which has really disrupted my life .

I am on blood thinners and wonder if this a reason too that healing and bleeding is so increased .

I'm so worried that will he say surgery again I am not sure I can handle it ... sad

Please if anyone is out there please give me some advice I'm seriously worried .

Other actually spraying inside my rectum I don't know how else to be more clean 

• Posted

Hi Wendy

Seems we r in the same boat indeed

The pain will lessen as soon as the wounds heal I'm sure we just gotta hang in there for a bit longer.    My concern I guess is an infection that could arise from open wounds.

Your blood thinners will certainly cause you to bleed extra so at least that's an explanation for you  

Yes I too thought I was keeping the area clean with frequent showers /salt baths etc.... but yeah aside from spraying things up there (which isn't something he recommended) I don't know what else to do 

Did you have internal rhoids removed too Wendy? 

Please let me know what ur dr says at your 6 wk apt. 

Speedy healing for both of us 🤞

• Posted

I had same op 4 weeks ago. It was horrendous and Just starting to feel human again but feel so tired I’m sure I’m still anaemic. I still have some pain with bm, ( but not for hours after as before) and have only used sitz bath and a barrier cream. I’m in UK and my consultant doesn’t want to see me for another 4 weeks, he reckons it takes two months to properly heal. I know I’m still a bit swollen down there. Everybody heals within different times. Maybe get a barrier cream (baby stuff), it helps. Hope you feel better soon. It sure is something I would never do again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.