Unknown lesions in mouth for years

Posted , 1 user is following.

For many years , I've been experiencing some sort of blisters or lesions in my mouth (see images ) . I've had some recent STd testing , but I'm expecting the results to be negative when they come back on Monday as they've always been negative in the past and I'm in a monogamous relationship .

These blisters in my mouth started 20+ years ago in an encounter that involved an exchange of saliva (kissing ) . Soon after that, I developed a Lesion on the underside of my tongue that was somewhat fleshy in color with a white crown . It lasted for several days , broke open and bleed a bit, and eventually went away and never returned to that location .

In the ensuing years, I would continue to routinely get these lesions in my mouth in the soft fleshy areas (usually at the base of the mouth under the tongue , back of the throat , or occasionally inside of the cheeks ) . These lesions would sometime be flesh colored with white tops . Other times they would be as shown in these images .

They never last more than a day or two before they break open , drain , and feel almost as of nothing was ever there .

Lately I've had one that is recurring in one location under my tongue in the soft areas at the base of the gums. It forms , last a day or two , then opens and drains and goes away for a few days .

I've never had an positive test results for any forms of STD except indication of past Hep B infection and HSV-1. I have recently had another STD panel just as a confirmation as I've recently been experiencing some penile pain and itching in the urethra, so doctor recommended the tests as a precaution.

Have been married for 10+ years and have three children ranging in age from 5 to 14. All have been healthy other than issues with thrush and cold sores at younger ages (my 5 year old is going through this now - particularly the old sores ) .

Wife has never complained about any symptoms.

I'm frustrated as doctors cannot seem to figure out if I have anything going on causing these symptoms . In addition to the above , I'm having liver issues due to fatty liver disease (though I'm not overweight and lead a fairly healthy lifestyle ) , had my gall bladder removed at age 34 due to failure (no significant stones ), had cases it pleurisy and bells palsy some years ago, in recent years developed bad case of tinnitus .

Truly grateful to anyone here who might offer some thoughts or suggestions . Any information. Is welcome and sorry for the long post .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.