unplesant dreams

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone else suffer from unpleasant dreams? not so much nightmares but un pleasant dreams where people are really having a go at me. the week before last for five nights solid i had these dreams every night it went off for a few days and now they are back people seem to be verbally attacking me in my dreams. my husband though it was my medication but i have been on them before and been on them since march this year I am peri as well as being anxious

can any one help its quite upsetting 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Sue, What medication are you on, if you don't mind my asking?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sue propranolol and fluctuating hormones are know to cause vivid dreams and nightmares. I've started a low dose of propranolol 3 weeks ago to help with migraine but I don't do well with side effects of meds so I'm trying my best to stay on them. I'm also on tibolone hrt but I don't feel any benefit so far, been on it for about 5 months now, I've never had flushing or sweating my main troublesome symptoms are off balance, stiff sore neck, anxiety, very low mood. I think I feel worse because my mum passed away in January this year, the grief is terrible

I totally empathise with every lady on here, I can't believe that Meno can cause all of these symptoms

Here's to better days....SOON PLEASE!!

Hugs x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi sue, I experienced the same thing also. I was having strange weird dreams. They constantly woke me up at night. I would go to work sleepy and tired. I think this was happening because my hormones were changing. I got to a point where I didn't want to go to sleep, because of the weird dreams.

Recently my dreams are becoming more normal. I stay asleep longer. I hope this a sign that my hormones are more leveled now. I noticed when I am more calm, and relaxed my dreams are better.

It does eventually calm down. So hang in there.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up