Unrealistic obsessive thoughts getting to me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I've been having such a horrible horrible week! I haven't attended school in a week! Haven't done anything I've just been so down😞 have had a lot going on in my family and my household and it's just getting to me, I've been doing so so well the last 2 months or so and I feel like I'm completely back to to square one with my anxiety, I feel depressed again😞 don't want to move out of bed at all I've spent my whole week basically in bed! It's so so so annoying! And I feel physically and mentally Ill😞 I'm restless, weak, feeling seriously dizzy and lightheaded, shakey, headaches, eye pain, head pressure, ear aches, throat pain, chest pain ect and I've woken up this morning with all this! I got so bad last night that I got back into my terrible habit i had months ago! Googling my syptoms! And what do I think I have again?? A brain tumour! It said that brain tumour related headaches often occur in sleep and when lieing down and what did I get then after reading it? A headache when lieing down and waking up with a headache! Is it all in my head?? Am I bringing this on myself?? Please can somebody help me😞 I've decided I've had enough and need to either get therapy or medication! Need some advice? What works best can anyone tell me?

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Some people respond to a bit is both,therapy and medication. Some can get relief from just meds and some prefer to just use therapy.

I think you are probably best at deciding what you feel you would benefit most from.

Please don't suffer though Hun. Go get the help and support you need x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Gillian! Yea I much rather like the idea of therapy and then maybe if that doesn't work go down the road to medication, have you done therapy or medication?x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm on my 2nd lot of medication as the first lot I persevered with for 8 week and they made me worse.

The new ones haven't made me worse but I've not felt any major improvement yet.

Im waiting for a referral for CBT so hopefully that will come along soon and it will help.

I struggle too with my thoughts. They overwhelm me and are constant but I guess that's anxiety for you xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat today, Rachel....spent a long time on Google last night and am convinced that I have meningitis....I have a moderate headache and tension in my neck....no fever and I can move my neck without pain.....I'm so scared.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up