Untreatable depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

having been told this is my problem and no drugs work for me i wonder if anyone has tried homeopathic doctor for this

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

what other advice have you been given? that's not good enough.

• Posted

nothing. theyve told me to pay for cbt which did nothing. psychiatrist says he has tried many and none helped just made me worse. no wonder im losing hope. if you fit bipolar, psychosis, schizophrenia they are able to treat you. not interested in me, too complex to treat i reckon

• Posted

I also suffer with treatment resistant clinical depression. Tried many antidepressants, nothing worked. Discovered a new treatment, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and my insurance covered it. Not a cure, but a boost to keep trying. Started back to church and became right with God, which was a miraculous and immediate relief. Felt as if He was my cure but after approximately a year life's cruelties caused a set back. Am now receiving ketamine injections from my psychiatrist, not covered by insurance but he is absolutely the kindest dr I have ever been to and has provided them at no cost. In March there was a new medication for clinical depression approved by the FDA, esketamine, which most insurance companies are now covering. This is the first largest breakthrough new treatment in decades and is absolutely amazing. Check it out, I now, for the first time in my life feel hope.

• Posted

you are the first i have heard having some relief from resistant depression. assume you are in usa. TMS is coming here now but a distance. is it worth trying, or is it only for those M ild depressives? I have heard of the new spray. i pray for my future, maybe it will come to uk. we cannot get ketamine injections here. we are so far behind. i wonder if ill manage to,live long enough for these treatments. did you once feel that way?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.