Unwanted intimate feelings - anxious depressed PLEASE respond if you can relate.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been perimenopausal for almost 10 years with eight of those using 500 mg of natural progesterone. my own decision. Transdermal 

im 50 years old in January 

I’m due on one of my many periods but due to high Progesterone it’s never more than spotting 

which I’m experiencing now. 

Six days ago I woke up normally happy but feeling horny which has been a rare pms symptom over the last ten years I didn’t think too much of it and sorted myself out. 

Later that day I started getting mild twinges down below. Not pain. A sensation of arousal which was distracting. I woke up the next day with the same thing alternating with shivers up my spine and upper buttocks as if from someone nibbling my neck and it sends sensitive sensations down your spine. 

Three times now I’ve had what can only be described as an anxiety attack/hot flush/arousal lasting anything from 10 to 30 minutes 

I lie on my bed heart pounding and wait mind racing with anxiety but feeling aroused down below. 

Im spotting atm my breasts are aching and sore more than usual, I’ve got upset stomach (poops) which I also had for the first time exactly a month ago today. Spots, palpitations, anxiety, depression, stabbing pain inside vagina (this is usual before a period) peeing a lot, hot flushes, cold then hot, basically PMS but x 10 and with these disturbing vaginal and body sensations of arousal for 6 days. (And stomach upset which is a new symptom) 

Im aware of the “sexsurge” I’ve read about that some women in their late 40s early 50s whose libido goes through the roof. But I don’t have a sex drive and never have.ive been responsive to stimulus but not physical sensations of lust without stimulation from touch or visual. Not sexually actively with my partner as we dont have a Sex drive and we were both fine with this. 

Ive written on another meno website and some women told me I should think myself lucky because most women lose their libido. I was told to stop over thinking and ignore the sensations. 

A few kind ladies told me they had similar problems down below with one woman saying she did not worry but her privates felt so swollen even her underwear was difficult to wear. She went to the doctors who told her a few peri menopause women developed this and offered her nerve blocking drug which she declined and the issue went after 3 weeks. 

Another lady had the feelings for a while was convinced it was PGAD permanent genital arousal disorder but after some months it was bettter and in hindsight she felt it was a combination of sexsurge\PGAD but again said it was much better and for the most part behind her.

The third lady contacted me privately to say she had it along with itching burning skin to her head and body. She also said it was all but gone now adding it was at its worst when her oestrogen was rock bottom or too high. 

Ive joined a secret PGAD Facebook page but in all honesty I don’t want to convince myself or let others to convince me this is what I have because it’s a notoriously difficult disorder to diagnose and treat with suicides noted. 

Im so very depressed 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, you do not sound if you have a disorder of any kind. You sound like a normal women.  I am 41 and this sometimes  happens to me during ovulation time. Once in a blue moon, I feel the urge stronger now than in my 30s  But, only a couple of times in the past few months and not at every cycle...my periods are irregular. I think it’s mother nature’s way of convincing me to get pregnant.  I am married, and he has a vasectomy!  so when the rare opportunity presents itself, my husband is overjoyed.  I know you said you don’t have a sex drive...that you and your partner are not sexually active.  However, sounds like you do now!  Not to be too personal, but...in all forms of sex?? Even, If it’s just once in a while.  If it is troublesome in your life, the progesterone may be the culprit...I would consult with your dr.  Not to gross you out, but your dr may suggest you “ self satisfy” so to speak. Be careful of these places where some people claim they have disorders, etc.  Every symptom we have could be classified as a disorder.  Did you know laughing and crying is now a disorder!  🙄

• Edited

I am going to tell you what most can not even spell out.  Mansturbate!!!   It would be good for you!  Everybody does it.  They just don't admit it.  Orgasms are good for you emotionally and physically.  When you have no opportunities for sex take things into your own hands.  Hormones flucuate and so does your sex drive.

For anxiety no caffeine!!!!  Calcium and magnesium every night.  Magnesium topically. Take DIM.  Just google it. You will find it.  I even take oyster extract.  Go walk every night for 30 mins to get rid of anxiety.  

Now let's see if the forum monitor can handle the word mansturbate????

• Posted

You rock Beth... I was too chicken to say the m word! 
  • Posted

I think there was a poster that posted a similar question several months ago. I believe she was a teacher or professor. She posted about being aroused during a lecture and possibly also having a hot flash as well. I don't recall any more than that as I don't have this particular sensation, but maybe you could search for the topic or maybe she is still on this board and will respond to you or pm you. Maybe you could search for her original post as I believe she got several comments.  I'm sorry you're suffering with this. Could it have anything to do with a testosterone imbalance? I'm just throwing this out there and I'm sure you've already searched and understand much more than me on the topic. ~ Huge hugs ~

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.