unwell after radioidine therapy

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, two weeks ago I had radio iodine therapy for overactive thyroid. ..have had a lot of digestive problems such as feeling sick and bloated after eating, with lots of acid, also neck is aching especially at end of day, has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

try accupunture i believe a lot of people use this for the side effects of certain treatments. 
  • Posted

No I was ok and felt fine till about 2 months later then went seriously under active so be prepared for being inactive and get on thyroxine as soon as.
  • Posted

No I was ok and felt fine till about 2 months later then went seriously under active so be prepared for being inactive and get on thyroxine as soon as. Tell a lie I did have a sore neck but my goitre really shrunk. Unfortunately I shouldn't have had it done as I have graves eye disease and think this made it worse
  • Posted

Some patients on another Board have posted that they take lemon juice and water every day and it helps the bloating immensely according to them.

• Posted

Hi carol I'm just wondering if you have been checked for coeliac disease your symptoms sound very much like mine were before diagnosis. I have graves and when I was diagnosed with that they did a biopsy and was confirmed coeliac now gluten free and stomach problems have all but vanishe..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.