up all night AGAIN

Posted , 10 users are following.

Am I the only muppet still awake and on here at stupid o'clock? Think I would rather be dead than living like this, dont think things are ever going to improve sad

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm wide awake.. thinking about everything feeling ever sensation going off!! It's so true that anxiety and depression gets worse when the winter comes. . Oh well wine helps.. lol! Or valium! Xx 
    • Posted

Hiya Emma, im also wide awake and my mind is racing, feel sick, trembling inside and generally feeling awful another long night ahead, was trying to listen to hypnosis cd earlier to see if that would help me doze off but no joy sad, hope you manage to get some sleep I haven't slept for a couple of nights and it is making me crazy sad x
  • Posted

Your not alone. I'm wide awake too. Feel exhausted but my mind won't rest xx
    • Posted

This is just ridiculous eh?like you im exhausted butt mind is in overdrive x
  • Posted

I can identify with the insomnia, that's exactly how I feel when it hits. There is absolutely no way I can sleep, the mind goes into overdrive, I think of anything, and everything, I fantasize, doing the what if I did that many years ago, reliving scenarios over, and over. So I get up, and watch TV, eventually I fall asleep. Now the next day I'm zonked, not much useful for anyone, including myself, however that night I sleep like I did after I had a bottle.....of milk.
  • Posted

Hi folks, did you lot get any sleep at all last night? I managed a solid 2 hours woop woop, hope you are all well smile x
    • Posted

I went to sleep at 12.30 and then my bf woke me up at 4am by sky ping his friend in New Zealand, then of course I couldn't go back to sleep 😔 not happy.

Time for bed for me now, hope I can get a good nights sleep and hope you all can too x nite nite

• Posted

Hi Tina, oh dear I bet you could have thumped him lol, imanaged to fall asleep around 11.00pm but then woke up around 12.30am feeling sick and agitated and now mind is racing again so theres no chance of any more sleep for me tonight grrrrrr sad x
    • Posted

Oh no, poor you.

I ended up falling asleep at about 2.30 and woke up at 8.30 so got six hours, so not too bad.

I hate it when I don't get proper sleep cos it only makes the anxiety worse, makes me feel so shaky and nervous.

Hope you are ok, maybe you could try to catch up on some sleep today x

• Posted

I'm wondering, do any of you take naps during the day to compensate for lack of sleep. When I get the occasional insomnia, the next day, I find I cannot keep my eye's open, and fall asleep even when I don't want to, such as watching TV.
    • Posted

Hi, I do try to catch a wee nap during the day but even that doesn't work, I just cant seem to sleep at all no mattet what time of night or day it is, I cant even sit long enough to watch tv I just get so agitated and start to wander around like a right dafty sad
    • Posted

I'm retired, and like to keep myself occupied with working out, but I don't want to be redundant by keep talking about exercise, but maybe when I do discuss exercise, many think of a casual bicycle ride, or a walk around the block. There are many forms of exercise, anaerobic, weight training, aerobic, running, bicycle riding, trikking, etc. IMO the body would need to repair itself after an extreme exercise activity, something that rquired intensive training. Of course that would require conditioning to reach that level of intencity. How about considering a personal trainer to help with exercise instruction.
    • Posted

I dont know if I could the way I feel right now, ive been off work for around 6 weeks now, I have lost interest in everything just now and am really struggling with daily life really, I should be going on a wee break tomorrow for a few days with hubby but dont even think im going to manage that, anyway sorry im ranting again, I wish I had a bit of get up and go sad
    • Posted

Hi again.

Have you thought about going to A+E and asking to see the crisis team? I really cannot believe that your doctor is letting you struggle like this,it's playing on my mind big time. I might feel like a bag of cr*p all day,most days but at least I know with my medication,I'm going to get some sleep,my mind is getting chance to heal!!

That's what I did,I went to the hospital because even though my doctor was handing out the meds,I didn't feel that he could answer the questions that I needed to ask to give me peace of mind.

The hospital changed all my medication(one that was increasing my anxiety and had me pacing the floor 24/7,feeling exhausted and scared)and they gave me a antidepressant that helps with appetite and sleep.

I can say I sleep great most nights,my appetite is slowly getting better and my anxiety and depression have reduced slightly. Only been on them just over 3 weeks so I guess even though I want miracles,it's to early to expect them.

You need something that is going to totally relax you I think,just like I did.

Xx

• Posted

Hi,

I totally gate with Gillian.  If you are not getting anywhere with your dr then go to A & E something needs to be sorted.

You need to sleep and relax otherwise you are just going to continue being worn out and the anxiety levels will stay high.

I really feel for you, I hope you get this sorted and get some good nights sleep as you really do need it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.