UP Date

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good evening all.  This just a note to tell you all what is going on with me.  As some of you know I have been having some problem over the last 3 or 4 month's.  Went home for a few day's to take care of some business.  Started last week with pain in groin and trouble going to the bathroom.  Urine was a dark orange with a red grow.  Going very little I need to push to get anything out.  The last bush it burns.  Went to dinner with my son's and family  Went before I left and went I got to the place.  Also after.  Still very little and it take a while to start.  Went to sleep Monday about 11:30 PM  Did go again before bed.  At 2:30 AM  I was woke up with very bad groin or bladder pain That whole area hurt.  Also my back hurt me so back I could not walk.  My son had to help me get out of bed. Tried to go to the bathroom nothing.  I took a hot bath to see to see if that would help.  Got out and I was able to go maybe less then a 1/3 of a cup.  I took 2 Cisproflacin and 2 Percocet.  The pain went on for hours.  Took another Percocet.  Finely the pain in my back was better.  It was there but I could handle that.  Groin pain was still there.  Peed a little about 4 PM.  I did send a e-mail to my doctor that morning and he got back to me that afternoon. He told me that I had a infection( Did take a urine sample in that morning) He also told me that the primary issue is versus prostatic.  I look it up and all of it has to do with cancer of the prostate.  I don't have cancer never had any test.  The only thing I had was a PSA that was 2.2 which was higher then the last one which was 0.7.  He also said that my prostate could have gotten bigger from the infection.  Now he wants be to take SMZ/TMP 800-160 ( BACTRIM ) for the infection and after take the Cisproflaxacin for another week.  Okey no problem.  I have them with me in Georgia  I will be here for 4 weeks.  Now he ask me to take the other pills that I was on before.  He know how I am and I am not a fan of them.  But anything to help.  He knows me.  So I told him that I will take them for the 4 weeks that I am here.  I see him on the 10th of April.  So I will be taking the Flexeril for the external sphincter to help with my prostate and Flomax to help with my bladder.  I hate it.  But being here in Georgia helping with my grand kids.  Not looking for any action.  And for now I will be giving up any orgasm and ejaculation.  My grad kids come first.  And I just want to pee a little better and I don't want it to get worse.  Boy life when you get older is a ball of laugh.  I wish I was young again.  Taking care of a 10 and 5 year old girls and running after a 4 year boy.  Is a lot of work.  I am glad to help out with her kids. Because she is a 1st grade teacher so she deal with kids all day.  I do not mind helping.  But at 62  I have not taking care of kids for 35 year since my kids were little.  Well This is just telling you what is going on.  Started my pills this morning and I have some to take before I go to bed.  Had the feeling to go a lot today but only some.  We will see what tomorrow will bring.  God bless all of you and I hope we all have good days from our problems.  Ken                

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Ken. You have always been very helpful to me and given good advice as far as my consideration of and finally recently having the Urolift.  I can't really give any advice but I hope you get to doing and feeling better. Raleigh. 

• Posted

Res, Derek and Hank.  Thank you all.  It something you get one thing straight and then something else goes a rye.  Going to take the pill like my doctor ask and then we will see.  Hope it help and will see what happen  Don't know if that is true Hank. But I just have to watch more.  I will be coming back and forth a lot this summer.  Thanks guys  Ken  

• Posted

Not much we can suggest to help but a least you have had your urine tested and advice fro a doctor who knows all about you. Hope it clears up quickly.l
  • Posted

Hope you get better soon. I don't know for sure but it seems you tend to get into trouble more when you're away from home. Hank

• Posted

Lately I’ve had a few rather similar episodes.  You have my sympathy! Am on prophylactic dose of Nitrofurantoin which usually works.
    • Posted

Thank you.  Sorry your having a problem to.  I am going to take what the doctor told me to take.  Let's hope it work..  I see him when I get back  Thanks again Buddy   Ken

• Posted

All the best Ken, sounds like an infection so I  hope it clears up quick and you can enjoy yourself with your grandchildren without any problems

I wish you well. 

• Posted

Thank you so much. Yes that is what I think it is.  Have had 3 over the last 6 month's There a hand full but I love them a bunch..  Thanks again  Ken

• Posted

Ken,  Sorry to hear of your problems, it is a nightmare this getting older job, and unfortunately anything to do with the Prostate never seems simple or straightforward so I just hope you get sorted out soon.  Fortunately I am having a good spell, but pain from my knee is worse than Prostate so a week on Monday I should have a new knee so that is one step forward. Hope you are better soon.

David

• Posted

Thanks David.  Yep it is the pit's getting old.  All this crap started in November I had 3 infection in 6 month's  I want to know why.  It's like if one thing goes you have a chain of thing's.  Bladder, prostate. strictures, prostatitis, sphincter muscles.  It's a mess and it hard to know what is causing with.  But we do what we have to.  Good luck with the new knee.  My father died at 82.  He had a knee replace in his early 60,s  He was very happy with it and he even started bowling again.  Good luck with the surgery.  Let us know how you do.  Please tell them to be careful when they put the catheter in so they don't mess you up.  I will say a prayer for you  God Bless  Ken    

• Posted

I need my painful knee replaced, but I have not done it because of having to get up 4 times nightly to pee. I am miserable with barely sleeping and a painful knee.
  • Posted

Hi Ken,

Do you know what your post residual volume is?  You may want to ask a urologist about learning to CIC.  When I was having severe pain and couldn't go my PRV was 1500cc's.  I learned to CIC (takes 10 minutes and is not nearly as bad as it sounds) and it was such a relief.  Of course not optimal, but so nice to know you can let out the pressure when you want.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Arlington  Thank you for that.  Yes  have done CIC and I have the catheters at home but I forget to pack them.  Was planning and bringing a few but got up late and all most missed the flight.  so I do the old trick  taking a hot bath or a shower  In Georgia for 4 weeks..  Ken
  • Posted

pal I feel your pain iv been suffering only for around 6 months with nearly the exact same issues as ourself ie pain in back groin area and lower abdomen. also the urge to urinate almost all the time with very little coming out also I have a red urethra at times and glowing cloudy urine witch is worrying to me. iv seen 1 urologist who gave me a prostate exam said it was tender and diagnosed me with prostatitis iv had no blood test no semen culture nothing and will be asking when I return to uro in april for these tests to be done. I do find slight relief from tamsulosin hydrochloride 0.4mg wich I believe is similer to Flomax. the joke is I'm only 26 and my doc is shocked an seems to know next to nothing about this condition. hopfully now I'm aware of what can and cnt be done I will be interegating my next urologist until I get what I belive is reasonable diagnosis and treatment... hope you get better pal keep me updated and I shall do the same

• Posted

Hi Ken - I feel very badly for you and will include you in my prayers tonight. I know you can do CIC so maybe call a local medical supply place and ask them if they can deliver some samples to you. Or you could call Coloplast and they will send out samples to you directly to your house for delivery the next day. CIC is the best way to go thanks to jimjames and others. I take prednisone sometimes to help me in situations like yours (10mg) each day for 3 days. Also Keflex really helps to clear things up and Toradol for pain. You are in my prayers. Howard
    • Posted

Howard you Howard.  Been a rough 5 days,  Things were better today.  No pain in back  Very little in groin area.  I talked with my doctor and he wanted to put me on another pill I told him no the ones I have is enough.  I have one more day of Flomax.  Hate that pill and 3 more of the others.  This Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is the pits.  I hope this is not a recurring things.  I see him April 11th.  If the infection is gone he want another PSA done.  It's been 6 month's.  It was not to high.  Only 2.2.  But I have all ways been under 0.7.  We will see.  PS  Have you been having trouble with getting e-mail from this site.  I have not gotten any for 5 days.  The only way I can get on is through the private e-mail and I see I have notification Take care  Ken  .   .     

• Posted

Thanks.  Yes all fix now.  Didn't not get anything for 5 day's  Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken - glad to hear you are doing a little better. Please keep us to date on your activities. I also had problems with email for a day but it is ok now. I am waiting for the results of scrotal u/s. Good luck to you. Howard
    • Posted

Thank you Howard  Still doing ok for now.  All done with the flomax thank god.  Have one more day of the other med's.  My urologist wanted me to take another pill myrbetriq but did not want to go trough transferring and they doing it again when I get to Florida.  Goming back on the 8th of April.  I will be back in Georgia on the 18th.  Going back and forth while the kids are in school.  Got a good price on air fare.  $39 round trip.  Why are you having a ultra sound.  What are you hoping to find.  Pelvic floor problem are the pits.  Good luck  Ken       

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.