up date on my sister

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just to let you know my sister is now out of hospital and I'm chuffed to say she does not have to have radiotherapy :D She's very tired and still uncomfortable as she still has drains fitted and is sleeping alot of time which she didn't do when she was having chemo. I told her it's her bodies way of recuperating.

sad Weight wise my scales have gone up rather than down and are now stuck on 12 stone 9 3/4lbs sad (Somebody has swapped them over from kilos and I'm not sure how to swap it back to kilos.)

I'm gonna have to cancel my weigh in with the nurse as I'm going to stay with my sister for a few days over the hols and don't see any point in going anyway . I'm really getting worried now if I'm putting weight on when I'm being good and still on the tablets what is going to happen when I stop taking them :cry: I've even upped my exercise by going on my treadmill every day

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good news about your sister. Sending her lots of hugs. Don't worry about your weight. If you have upped your exercise you are probably building muscle and getting more toned.
  • Posted

glad to hear things are looking more positive for you sister.

As petal says if you have upped your exercise your body needs to get used to that and balance the energy required. Have you measured it may be that you are losing cm's/inches rather than weight atm.

• Posted

Thanks

No I haven't measured myself never have. Just disappointed as I was expecting to be about 11 1/2 stone; I think I would be quite happy to be between 11-11 1/2 stone which I know is still over weight but that seems impossible at the mo. I'm fed up of seeing people eat cakes and biscuits at school but I've been good I've been given several cakes lately so I've politely said I'll take it home to have with my tea and then given it to somebody else to eat as I've decided I don't really want it.

I've had a weight watchers choc eclair for my treat after my low fat meal delicious. Now I'm gonna do a couple of miles on my treadmill so I'm not giving in.

Hope everybody has a brilliant weekend even though the weather isn't going to be that great.xx

• Posted

Hi trying hard!

Great news about your sister, you guys must be very close!

Dont beat your self up about the weight loss because at the mo your priority is obviously looking after your sister and as she recovers you can return ur focus to your weight etc smile

You will get there in the end :D

x

• Posted

Hi Sian

even though we are twins, )not identical, most people wouldn't even realise we are sisters) we weren't really close. We used hang out together when our kids were little and lived quite close together but she moved away about 18 years ago and changed even more and we grew apart and saw each other less and less. We both worked full time, we had different values and she often did things I didn't agree with and the distance didn't help. She got divorced and let her ex have custody of the kids which I found hard to understand so we also lost what we had in common (the kids). However she has had a new partner over the last few years and she has changed for the better and athough we are still very different since she was diagnosed I have been with her whenever I could with the help of my husband as I don't drive and do everything I can to help her so we are much closer now. :D

Thanks for everybodies support

Good news on my weight

Going on my treadmill seems to be working over the last few days my scales have been going the right way - taking into account the difference between mine and surgery scales I think I've broke even now. :D

Going to my sisters for a few days from tomorrow night it's a pity I can't take my treadmill with me, just have to work harder when I get back. :D

• Posted

Hi Trying Hard

thats brilliant news about your sister and the treadmill now working too.

What I've done in the past when there is no where to exercise, especially when I've been in a Hotel I'll put my Ipod on and jog on the spot for a while to the music. Not quite a treadmill but better than nothing smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.