Up & down

Posted , 3 users are following.

Struggling to cope with the ups and downs! Yesterday was a better day, it's not been great today. I should b used to it by now, but it doesn't get any easier! I over a alive everything I think or do or say! Always questioning why? I'm tired of it 😔

maybe I should ask Dr to increase my dose x

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi rebecca sorry to hear your so down ! Believe me ivd been there if you think seeing your doctor might help try it as you already said they might increase the dose to see if that helps ! What is it your on,the strength and how long have you been on them ! Take care you are not alone david !
    • Posted

Hi David, I'm on citalopram 20mg. I think ive been on them maybe 4 weeks or so, my memory is pretty poor just now! It sounds selfish to say it but I'm glad other people understand it, it makes you feel a bit better, I know I will get there in the end but I really can't face another year of my boys birthday feeling like this! This will be the 3/4 year, always the same for me from the end of September onwards 😔 

thank you for replying, it's good to get advice from someone who understands

• Posted

Rebecca have you asked your doctor for cbt or some other theraphies ! Citalopram i found when i was taking was really good as long i remembered to take it ! I do hope you  get well soon david
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca, I'm the same, always analysing things and questioning why, I've been to my doctor this morning and have my meds upped although I'm not sure it'll help but it's worth a try right? If that's what you want to try to then it can't hurt xx
    • Posted

ThanksDondons, I'm at the dr tomorrow for something else so I may ask about it and maybe cat, he's offered this before but I refused, never felt strong enough to speak about it, still not sure if I do now. I hope your mess start to work for youxx
    • Posted

No problem, I'm not the strongest of people either, have had a couple of appointments before having the courage to ask but I'm glad I have now.

Thank you, me too x

Good luck Rebecca xx

• Posted

You need to tell your GP how you feel , then he can either increase your dosage or change your medication , i kept on telling my GP how i felt - eventually he changed my medication to a nightime one , mot of us feel good one part of the day then the next minute we go down hill , not many of us understand why especially if our lives them selves are going welll - have famiy and friends around us , please have a chat with your GP , if you feel he is not being supported then ask to see another in your practice x

• Posted

Hi Maria, thank you for taking the time to reply 😌

im fortunate to have a very good GP, he always listens and is willing to offer what help he can, he has advised that if I don't pick up in the next 4 weeks then I should change my meds, I'm at the dr tomorrow for something else so I will discuss this with him along with maybe trying CBT, thanks again Maria, it's good to know I'm not alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.