Up half the night

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I won't be having margarita pizza again. I decided to try some last night for tea. Bad mistake I started at the toilet at 12-15 finale took Imodium at 3-15 was still at when I got up at 6. It seams to have stopped now. Only had soup and small bread for lunch   I am just having soup for tea   

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Susan sorry to hear aboim0put what a shame at least now yo no pizza, just a question I thought I read some were that with D.D you can,t take Imodium? I would like to know as I had a bad day last week and one this week and could have done with one, and I had normal diet, hope your ok now
    • Posted

My consultant told me I can take it when things get bad. He said if not so bad just take half of one. When my daughter got married and I knew I would be stressed he told me to take half befor I went and it worked. I have read on here about a few people taking it. I hope this helps 
    • Posted

If I have to take Imodium, I just take one of the Instants that dissolve on your tongue. They seem to be quite mild but effective. Mind you not sure this would work if you are having a severe attack of Diarrhea.
    • Posted

Thanks Alison sorry to be a pain can you tell me the name of the instant or do they come under Imodium, it's not a flare up no temp, just very loose now for couple of days a few times a daily. Maybe ive over done the finer.as I'm new to this its so confusing but horrible too, thought I'd got it under control thank you so much

• Posted

Well I can never wrote a burger any more! Gawd the pain was horrendous ! It's all a learning curve , awful one at times xx

• Posted

Sorry to read about what you went thru.

It's sad that we have suffer or go thru issues when we don't know

More details about foods that

Will cause a big time DI flare up when we don't know.

Try keeping applesauce around

And eating soft foods such as

Yogurt I like the Yoplait Whips

Yougut, also boxes of Progresso

Chicken Broth and Jello.

It is not worth paying the price

Suffering when you have not

Educated yourself regarding

What will cause a flare up.

I go on goggle and type in a question regarding diviticulitis.

Feel Better Soon!

• Posted

I wouldn't dare to eat any pizza , the tomatoes alone would set me off.

Did you make your own ?I think it's best to make everything yourself

so you know what's in it. I'm struggling with what to eat and what to put with what.

I can't eat ready made .

• Posted

HI Linda yes I do agree with you I know it's trail and error, i done the same a few days ago took some chips off jibbys plate and did I pay for it as I'm new to all this did have ibs now DD, i used to be able to have take always, it,s so tempting,like you im also struggling from one day to next, it's a miserable life my hubby is getting feed up with it cos he has to do the cooking, and to honest he doesnt understand, but as I said i would not wish this on anyone if you have any idea's on what to eat i would be gratful to know thank you maureen

• Posted

Hi Maureen, I find that I have to always stick to a low residue diet

otherwise I'm in pain . I suffer with IBS too so it's not easy.

I can't eat white potato but I'm ok having sweet potato, I usually

have small portions of chicken or cod with it. I struggle with greens,

carrots and green beans are ok. I've got to the stage where I'm scared

to eat but I love my food, it makes me miserable not knowing what to put

With what . I can't eat dairy, e.g. eggs, cheese , milk . I really miss eggs and cheese. I'm looking for new things all the time.

• Posted

Thank you Linda for your reply and advise, im not sure about the low reside diet..? To be honest as soon as they told me i had DD the nurse just said up your fiber so thats what iv,e done, may be iv,e over done it?. Must admit im a bit clueless regards to all this, it seems i have few days normal then explosive few days, even though im sticking to the diet, i have mostly chicken, fish, mash, at least too green veg peas, beans, always mashed,too pieces of fruit and a yogurt, lots of water, few cups of tea,thats my daily meals, so not too sure were im going wrong, back to the start of divi diners, im losing so much weight its worring, has that affected you, thank so much for your help, so nice to know someone listerns what would we do without all your help thanks again
    • Posted

They always tell everyone to up the fibre but it makes me worse !

Through trial and error I know what sets me off most of the time.

I try to avoid getting diarhea has I keep ending up in hospital because

It's set my DD off ! You have to avoid skins, peas, beans . I've recently had my gallbladder removed so have to avoid greasy , spicy foods . Sweet things give

me pain . Not much left ! What a life !

• Posted

I've only posted on divi diners a couple of times. Usually looking

for ideas on what to eat !

• Posted

There used to be a Linda on D.D who wrote in the same vein as yourself

Apologies for pre supposing  ..,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.