Posted , 6 users are following.
Hi all, as the title suggests, I have a litte more information than the last time I posted - but not much!
I saw my Consultants' Registrar today - had a REALLY long chat with her, and came away at least not thinking that Im cracking up or overstating my pain....
Top and bottom of it, Ive got to have a full Bone Scan done, to try and identify where exactly the severe pain that im experiencing (nearly 15 months post-op) is coming from. She's sure its not coming from the cyst that I have, so thats pretty much ruled out and wont need to be removed, yay!
However....Theres a good possibility of early loosening of the prosthesis. Which is NOT good news. If it turns out thats the cause, then it will need a revision surgery. Which wouldnt be carried out by my surgeon, but more of a specialist one. And Ive been told they always recommend a second opinion when things reach that stage.
Another possibility is deterioration of my kneecap (it wasnt "resurfaced" durng surgery). Im slightly more inclined to lean towards this reason, but what do I know? My Registrar actually spoke to my Surgeon a couple of times during my appointment, just to reassure me that he was in full agreement with what treatment she planned, and apparantly he was adamant that I shouldnt be experiencing anywhere near this level of pain at this stage in my recovery, and that a bone scan was indeed a vital diagnostic for me.
So its another waiting game, both for the appointment for the bone scan and then the follow up appointment which isnt till July 25 th......I had originally booked it for July 11th, but Hubby has had to tell me hes planned "something" for my 50th birthday and I wont be here on that date - excting or what?!
So, another of my posts has turned into War and Peace - sorry - but I bet youre all used to me by now
Thanks for reading and I hope youre all doing well xx
1 like, 9 replies