Update.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone. For anyone who would like an update smile.

Had my surgery at 11am this morning to remove gallbladder. Everything went well. So glad the damn thing is finally out. I'm home now... One of the scars is bleeding and one was oozing so ive got compact dressing on them. Hospital wanted to keep me in but said i could go home if i really wanted to . Which i did having an unwell son at home also.

As for the pain ive managed to keep on top of it with 4 hrly codiene, paracetamol and ibpro. Kinda hard to find a comfy position. Moving hurting but so long as im still it doesnt hurt. Eaten light foods.

Any advice or questions please feel free smile hope your all having a nice week.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Glad it’s finally out!! One of my wounds bled through the dressing too so had a big padded dressing stuck over the plaster. The next morning it was still weeping a lot too. They said just to keep an eye on it at home and see GP if concerned or any fever or redness at the site. 

It’s definitely not easy to get comfy! I slept on our couch downstairs for the first week as bathroom is on bottom floor. Had a lot of pillows and slept half sitting up. Couldn’t lie on my side at all. Always a good idea keeping on top of the pain though. Think I found day 3 after surgery the worst for pain for some reason. Walk about every hour or 2 as helps get rid of the gas in your stomach too. Hope you and your son are both feeling lots better soon xx

• Posted

Yeah, me too. I have 2 of the padded dressings over the top of the initial dressing. I actually managed to sleep on one side last night for about 2 hours. Then had to sit back up. I have about 6 pillows 😂.

Tbh i was thinking it wpuld be more painful in the days to come because the Anastasia has worn off completely. Hope it doesn't get much more painful.

I remember reading that you pulled one of your stitches too. How did you manage to do so if you dont mind me asking? So i can aviod this.

Thank you for the advice of walking around. Ive tried to keep fairly active. I like to busy myself doing things so i know its going to be hard for me to just sit or lay most of the day. Xx

• Posted

I stretched up to open a velux window which was out my reach haha. My friend had hers done on Monday and hasn’t been in pain much at all! Yet I still am. Just goes to show everyone heals different and different surgeons show as well xx
    • Posted

Oh dear haha. Yeah that wasnt very good idea 😂 yeah it definatly shows how carefula surgeon is i think. My son had a different surgery but still key hole abdominal surgery and 4 days later he was running round like a loon jumping all over his daddy 😂 kids are so resiliant. I dont know how hes done it. He has had a doible ling transolant too. Definatly has put thing into perspective of how strong my little boy is! Dont know how he managed it so well. I feel like such a woosie being in pain because he has never acted lile hes in pain after his many surgeries!

How long post op are you? Just wondering how long the pain might last for me xx

• Posted

Congratulations, just keep eating lightly and dry foods to avoid urgent toilet visits, I experienced that for 10 days post op and lost 14lbs ! Good luck xx
    • Posted

Thank you! At the moment ive been eating toast and twiglets haha. Xx
  • Posted

glad all went well, TAKE IT EASY for a while, no lifting or awkward movements, all best,
  • Posted

Glad you are home... Scars will get better quickly and you'll be left with only the smallest marks. in several days you will feel a great improvement. Keep away from brocolli and cabbage.. It made me extremely bloated after surgery and it causes more discomfort...in a few weeks really start to think about what you eat. your system takes time to catch up so you may think you're coping with a normal diet. Just things like fatty foods and spicy foods and foods that make you more bloated. You sound like you are doing well. A positive attitude to some simple changes and you'll be good as gold... All the best

• Posted

Loverly update. Fingers crossed everything is still going well.

I'm due surgery a week before Christmas and I was wondering how you are going on with regard to eating as in what are you eating and what to avoid.

I don't expect to be eating a full Christmas dinner a week after surgery 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.