update

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am going to the doctor today for a check up and a consultation on my depression/anxiety. I have been on 10 mg of Citalopram since May, 2012. Been talking to myself since I was eight years old. There are times when I can stop and times when I can not. There have been mornings, like this one, when I wake up and wonder what my purpose is.

I would like to say that I am happy to be able to join these discussions and I appreciate feedback. It helps to know that I am not alone.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

Although I cannot advise you personally I just wanted to say your not alone on this site. So many wonderful people with compassion along with a wide range of knowledge. I hope you get a reply soon

Just wanted you to know your not alone.

Lorraine x

• Posted

Hey Susan, go back to your doctor as you might need an increase as that is a low dose. Hang in there, you are not alone x
  • Posted

Hi, Susan:  I used to never talk to myself, but here lately, i'v started talking and even answering myself as soon as I get out of bed.  My grandmother used to do this all the time, so I guess I come by it naturally.....I have always wondered what my purpose in life was, but now, I think I know.  After years and years of depression, anxiety, talking to myself, answering myself, anorexia, and OCD, I now know that I am supposed to help others who are suffering the way that I used to...It's a horrible disease, but I'm here to help others...By helping others be able to cope, it makes me be able to cope, too...I wish you the best, sweetie...I don't think there is anything wrong with talking to yourself...It's the sure fired way of having an intelligent conversation....HUGS. 
  • Posted

Hi this reminds me of many years ago when I actually woke for work feeling a sense of purpose.   I told a work colleague and she said 'Oh dear'.  I said 'Yes,  must make sure that doesn't happen again'.  smile   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.