update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

After 9 months and 2 failed attempts to get off i decided that this had to be the time. I got from 225 to roughly 18 every other day. Monday was my last day. The brain zaps are decreasing and slow motion vision has gone. I do feel like i'm floating when i walk but can handle that.

I may be writing to soon and expect a backlash but am feeling i might have made it.

Ian

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
    • Posted

Thank you Elaine, thats exactly how i feel at the moment.

You have been a tremendous help throughout this horrible journey and maybe we can continue to help others.

I regret that i trusted the professionals for so long and feel i could have done this two years ago. Two years that have been wasted due to the controlling nature of this drug.

My BP and cholestral are now normal, my weight is coming down so for the first time in 5 years i am drug free and at 50 feel ready for the future. 12 months ago i was taking 225 venlofaxine, 25 olananzapine, a statin,; BP tablet, something for the acid in my stomach caused by the meds and loads of painkillers for the headaches.

If i can do it everybody can.

Ian

• Posted

Your right Ian. I never thought I would be off veneflaxine. 23 days for me today 😊 It's getting better everyday x
  • Posted

Both of you have been a big help to me. I don't know where I'd be without both your input. I'm so glad u have come this far Ian. Don't give up. Don't give in. I'm hoping to be where you are after Christmas. Your doing so well. Putting up with the brain zaps alone deserves a medal!

Only those who have experienced the zaps can understand how terrible they really are.

It sounds trivial to say brain zaps. But they really like electric shocks.

• Posted

Since I've stopped mine always happened morning. Now after 3 weeks they start about 3pm. Seem to be tapering later each week. Who knows, another 3 weeks and they may have disappeared. Now that would be progress.

Thank you to everyone helping me on this journey πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

• Posted

Dear Ian,

I keep checking in to see how you're getting along. You've been brilliant, just keep going.

You're almost there, you canΒ do this!!

HxΒ 

• Posted

Hi Helen.

After an amazing day Thursday yesterday was'nt quite so good, zaps of course and a muzzy head but no anxiety. It may be my imagination but i think my eyesight is even a little better. Thusday i met a very old friend and during our conversation i actually laughed until i had tears and thinking about it now i have more tears. Two emotions i have been without for 5 years. I have also felt anger, ( at another motorist). My wife is amazed " i'm coming back". She has been through more hell than me and i am very lucky that she is still here.

I feel i have made it through a very dark tunel and will be asking my GP why i was left on venlofaxine for so long without a reveiw given all the other health problems i reported whilst on it. I could have done this 2 maybe 3 three ago, i wish i had found this forum.

Anyway thats all about me. How are you getting on? and to anybody who is reading this, you can do it, its sometimes scary but see it through. Its worth it.

Ian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.