UPDATE

Posted , 5 users are following.

okay guys I'm updating my Last post so I went to the doctor they said its bv And gave me some flagyl(metronidazole )500MG twice daily for 7 days I've been taking it for 5 days now and I got some discharge it has no odor but I've been having a really bad itch I believe its a yeast infection this medicine is known to do that I'm also struggling with dryness does anyone know anything that could help this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My dads best friend is a doctor and he told me that usually a yeast infection follows after the treatment of bv so he always prescribes me the same medication as you along with yeast infection medication to put inside. Good luck!
  • Posted

I've just finished my course of Metronadizole for BV and a few days ago developed an itch but no smell. Thought BV still there so tried Vitamin C tablet - had to fish it out as couldn't stand the burn - and now using BV Activ pessaries and Vagisol. No help but reading the explanation about yeast/thrush could be what is happening with me. Going to the pharmacy to get some Canestan as soon as they open. Will try anything as so desperate - itching so bad I've made myself bored with scratching. Failing that back to the docs who don't seem to have a clue or a cute for the endless cycle I have.
  • Posted

Yes, this definitely sounds as though the treatment has caused you to develope thrush, this happened to me, GPs should really warn patients about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.